Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kingdom Hearts 2013

Go down 
+2
Script-Z
Leafy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 2:27 am

Azuma's are separate.

Editted Dragon Buster to only include elements he uses.

Cleanse is pretty much a weaker version of Taiyo's Fountain of Life and only effects himself.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 2:38 am

Azuma's abilities are accepted, then. Dragon Buster can also be accepted, I guess.

The issue with Vega is that basically the only way to counter him as it stands is either long range abilities or status effects, & Cleanse would eliminate several of the most useful status effects to use on him.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 2:53 am

I wouldn't say several and it's not like ranged abilities are uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 3:11 am

He hasn't even been slowed down until Leechgrave poisoned him. Blind & slow would also be very useful. Many characters can't rely on ranged attacks & also it's possible to get stuck fighting in an area where keeping distance is not an option. This is on top of the fact that he has multiple status affliction & instant death moves, which he can chain provided he is not interrupted.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 3:37 am

Nothing I can do if you don't utilize status ailments enough or if there are characters who can't fight at a distance. It's not like he's king of the ring or anything.

And neither of those effects are guaranteed except Nine Seal and that's entirely at random.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 4:48 am

You realize 5 status effect abilities each at 20% probability is effectively 100% probability of inflicting a status ailment, right?

It has nothing to do with not utilizing status ailments enough, & of course it's not your job to make sure everyone's abilities are balanced, it's mine, & that's why I'm saying nay.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Added some more clarification on status effects in the information topic. I will acknowledge that is something I should have gotten to much sooner. I didn't realize just how poorly Days's system would translate to a text-based RP, & there were several elements I had to rewrite. Plus, the duration of status effects has been unknown until now. Sorry, my bad.

Reorganized Euryale's ability list so it's hopefully easier to read. Added some new abilities.

Thiera
Magnera: The orb from Magnet can be redirected using the Keyblade. Fast travel but slow pull allows it to be directed through obstacles to pick up enemies, or used to bash enemies on objects.
Magnega: Generate orb around target which will repel attacks, while more stationary objects will be sucked in. After a few seconds, the orb will burst, flinging the trapped targets away

Euryale
Stoneskin: Take half damage from physical attacks, resist petrification & instant death moves.
Crush: Successive (3+) physical attacks will break guards.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 1:11 am

Was gonna post this later, but figure I may as well get problems I have with it out of the way prior to some unknown date.

Name: Irritum
Appearance: Stands 5'8" with unkempt shoulder-length white hair the bangs covering their forehead and left eye, dull grey eyes, and unnaturally sharp canines while the majority of their face is covered in wrapping except for the eyes and mouth. The left arm is totally exposed showing various intricate markings possibly an excessive amount of scars which despite of is incredibly soft the hand having some feminine characteristics while the right arm is totally covered by a dark red wrapping that could possibly be bloodstained like the one's covering the rest of their body. Possibly attached to the wrapping or maybe their hand is a purple jewel that acts as the button for their armor.

Over top all of this is a dark and tattered yet still intact enough to conceal any defining features cloak other than the totally exposed left arm.

Their armor appears to be made of strips of dull colored steel wrapped around the wearer's entire body except for the face which sports a spooky [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well as the button to trigger it still being exposed while still retaining the cloak.
Type: Nobody
Homeworld(s): The World That Never Was (Dark City)
Reason(s): Unaffiliated.
Bio: Appeared outside Memory's Skyscraper with only the recollection of seemingly dying and having nothing to go on except the Keyblade and a feeling like they should be searching for something which the Heartless in the area did not possess while the images on the skyscraper's television screen showed only a vampire-like creature and a voice muttering the word Irritum from which they got their name accompanied by a feeling of loss.

The scent of darkness takes them as far as The Brink of Despair where it becomes almost sickening, so they just turn back and refuse to go further choosing to wander the city making the skyscraper their home not that the constant stream of Heartless make it a suitable place to stay.

The constant struggle to maintain what they've come to see as their life led to more gaps in their memory.
Keyblade(s): Skull Noise
Glider: A flat sheet with a similar shape to that of a stealth bomber with two square protrusions where the pilot's arms are restrained in. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Style: Exsanguinating Necromancy: Balanced between magic and physical attacks, Irritum primarily uses darkness to cause status ailments, create terrifying creatures, inflict large amounts of damage and overall be a nuisance. Naturally the majority of their magic is useless without a source of darkness. With the Keyblade either in its default form, changing its shape to that of a scythe or even altering their own physical form focuses on defeating foes through status ailments or through inflicting wounds of varying sizes to make the opponent bleed out even going so far as to manipulate the target's blood to hasten their demise.

May forgo all pretenses of sophistication if injured to the point of flying into a rage, triggering the Harnessed Rage ability and sub-style.

Action Commands:

Magic Commands:

Reprisal:

Passive Abilities:

Harnessed Rage: If sufficiently injured, forgoes all abilities from the main style in exchange for a small amount of highly destructive and indiscriminate abilities that utilize the increased physical strength granted by this berserker state until pacified or if all enemies real or imagined are gone.

Action Commands:

Other: Probably just needs a friend.

And a couple abilities because I know you love that shit.

Spoiler:

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 am

Naturally, the main problems I have with that character are with the abilities:

Quote :
Bloody Fears: A piercing attack with Darkness Claw that when recoiling, pulls strands of blood from the target that take the form of monstrous creatures, having the same effect as Fearocity.

You oughta know I don't approve of abilities that have essentially the same effect as each other.

Quote :
1) Ektospasm: Fires a high speed basketball sized wad of ectoplasm from the Keyblade. Upon contact, the target begins convulsing and their body begins to decay, effects of healing abilities are reversed.

This is acceptable only if it can be removed with abilities such as Esuna.

Quote :
1) Ghost Walk: If successfully attacked at close range, temporarily becomes intangible for twenty seconds. In this state, melee attacks have no effect and casting spells will instantly remove the effect.

What about magically-enhanced attacks, e.g. Roatha's Lightning Strike?
=========================
Quote :
Tiger Cannon: Throws a Keyblade straight into the air that falls perpendicular to a target.

This is just a trick throw, it can be done normally.

Everything from Undine to Snowstorm is acceptable.

Quote :
Snow Dancer: Auto-Haste in battle while in a snowy environment.

No.

Quote :
Rising Phoenix: Jumps into the air and descends towards an enemy at an angle while wreathed in fire.

This should really be Falling Phoenix, but whatever.

Quote :
Whirlwind Snap: A hook kick that sends out a gust of wind to pull an enemy in close.

Dragon Shot: A jumping uppercut that releases a wave of energy, damaging the initial and surrounding targets.

Accepted.

Quote :
Corrupted Ram: Lunges at an enemy, spinning the Keyblade like a drill to bore through it and any barrier or shield it may have.

I suppose.

Quote :
Magic Distortion: A heavy-handed strike with a blade surrounded by null energy that inflicts Silence. Inflicts greater damage against enemies like the Sorcerer and Wizard Nobodies as well Heartless like the Crimson Jazz, Red Nocturne and others of their kind.

Against...mages or just creatures made of magic?
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 am

The point is being spooky scary and weaponizing blood. And abilities is the least of my concerns with what I'd rather do and not do.

Mages following the theme of being better against a specific type of enemy.

And there is no valid reason for rejecting an incredibly situational passive.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:34 am

Quote :
The point is being spooky scary and weaponizing blood. And abilities is the least of my concerns with what I'd rather do and not do.

A character cannot be approved until all of their starting abilities are set. And that doesn't answer any of my questions.

Quote :
And there is no valid reason for rejecting an incredibly situational passive.

I am unlikely to approve of anything that leads to faster casting for Hitomi, because she is already essentially a mix of Final & Wisdom forms, which is overpowered as all fuck. Even though I can only think of a few areas where the ability would work, in those areas it would be broken. This is especially pertinent, considering that Arendelle is one of the upcoming worlds.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 am

I suppose there is no reason why Esuna shouldn't rectify it while historically magic in general tends to dispel invisibility throughout the Final Fantasy titles it's used as to my knowledge, it was only used once in Kingdom Hearts and doesn't last long enough to really know how it works against certain abilities.

You already stated once before some several pages ago charge time is already a non-factor which means it'd really only affect movement speed. There's also the part where you don't have to send her to Arendelle and the odds of any other world where it'd be applicable aren't set in stone.

That essentially leaves it to be triggered by Snowstorm which comes with other factors also reducing its usability as it's not like she can go The Day After Tomorrow on Agrabah.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 6:53 am

Quote :
I suppose there is no reason why Esuna shouldn't rectify it

That is fine, then.

Quote :
while historically magic in general tends to dispel invisibility throughout the Final Fantasy titles it's used as to my knowledge, it was only used once in Kingdom Hearts and doesn't last long enough to really know how it works against certain abilities.

If this is an open invitation, I'm saying it won't trigger as a result of magic-assisted attacks.

Quote :
You already stated once before some several pages ago charge time is already a non-factor which means it'd really only affect movement speed.

No? Spells have always been treated as having a "wind up" of sorts, & Hitomi's have always been regarded as especially short. Hence why I don't veto posts with descriptions like "thundaga for days."

Quote :
There's also the part where you don't have to send her to Arendelle and the odds of any other world where it'd be applicable aren't set in stone.

Characters get input on where they go.

Quote :
That essentially leaves it to be triggered by Snowstorm which comes with other factors also reducing its usability as it's not like she can go The Day After Tomorrow on Agrabah.

Oh, I was already going to reject it being triggered by Snowstorm.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 7:12 am

I added a line concerning Magic Distortion.

That's pretty much every attack ever essentially rendering it useless against any PC or NPC.

Which in turn makes it even more situational.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 7:23 am

Quote :
That's pretty much every attack ever essentially rendering it useless against any PC or NPC.

Not so, characters frequently use unempowered strikes. Also, not having it block every attack ever is kind of the point.

Quote :
Which in turn makes it even more situational.

I still say you should've thought of this when you decided to try breaking the game by combining Final & Wisdom Forms. I'll tell you what. If you alter it so that it only enhances movement speed, I will accept it. I'll even let you have it be that she moves faster when going over any patch of snow or (non-slippery) ice.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

Well, it would seem how I was to handle invisibility was done elsewhere for something that'll likely never come to pass, but w'ever.

I can work with that. Which means I'm willing to compromise, which means I need to combat my liberalism.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 am

Taiyo

Battle Dance: Combines dancing with combat to strike an enemy while remaining in constant motion, may inflict Confusion.

Cattail Allure: While in her Halloween Town attire, any outfit with a tail or terrestrial form with a tail, strikes an enemy behind her multiple times and inflicts Confusion in response to a melee attack from behind.

Azuma

Wolf's Fang: Much like Taiyo's Pouncing Tiger although rather than knock the enemy down, the wolf's head bites the target, freezing it.

Ice Bracer: Cannot be interrupted when using an Ice-attributed ability.

Irritum

Poison Claw: The nails of the darkness claw emit a sickly green substance upon contact with another life form begins to burn the flesh and inflicts Poison. If not treated, may eventually burn to the bone if applicable. Can also be sprayed from the nails, inflicting Blind if contact with the eyes is made.

Tainted Blade: A strike with the Keyblade that has spilled blood, becoming stronger if used against a bleeding enemy. The more the enemy is bleeding, the stronger the attack.

Viper Lash: Expels a series of snake-like creatures from their hand up to five feet towards an enemy that lash out and bite into it, possibly inflicting a number of status ailments such as Poison, Blind, Silence, and Slow.

Skeletal Strike: A powerful and heavily damaging to both the user and opponent ability. A skeletal creature emerges from the user and relentlessly pursues a nearby enemy, tackling it and exploding on contact. Shrapnel from the explosion may damage those nearby.

Vega

Shaolin Shadow Boxing

Falling Leaf: Phase through an enemy to get behind it.

Ironfist Uppercut: A hard hitting uppercut that stuns a target for an extended period of time. Against a human enemy or something with a visible jaw, inflicts Silence.

Perfect for breaking Vexen's jaw.

Tempest Fist: Strikes a target with a fist surrounded by wind, the wind transferring to the target, floating them much like Zero Gravity.

Wu-Tang Swordstyle

Snake Bone Sword: Swings the Keyblade sending out twelve blades still attached to the main blade to use as a whip.

Sylph: Brings the Keyblade back generating a windstorm then swings it, the storm building up into a tornado lifting enemies caught in it high in the air and possibly ejecting them.

Explosive Stream: Counters an incoming projectile attack with a quick swing of the Keyblade, sending a gust of wind to envelope the incoming attack in a tornado and reverse it back at the attacker.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:03 am

Battle Dance: Too vague.

Cattail Allure: Strange, but I suppose I have no particular objection to it.

Azuma: Wolf's Fang is too similar to Frost Bite, but I suppose I'll accept Ice Breaker. He's getting up there in terms of Support Abilities, though.

Irritums: All of your edgelord powers are accepted.

Vega: All accept for Falling Leaf are accepted. Phasing abilities have too much potential to be overpowered & must be handled very carefully. I appear to have accepted one already, which I believe to be because it leaves him wide open if he fails to hit.

Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 am

How is something that requires being up close and personal to something similar to something calling for the opposite? As well as different effects. Only thing that is similar is the recurring motif.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:25 am

...Nothing about that attack requires it to be close range. One inflicting slow & the other inflicting freeze (which all ice abilities can inflict as a rule anyway) are not significantly different effects. They're as different as a Palette Swap.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:32 am

Pouncing Tiger: Begins with a thrust that creates an image of a tiger's head. With another push, the image bites the target and passes through knocking it down.

Except for working like that. Which is acknowledged in the description. Think they're just pointing and stuff happens?

Because that is nothing like Frost Bite which is an actual pallette swap.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 am

That's still easily able to be used at close range & is effectively just an icy wolf head, like Frost Bite.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 am

It's easy to be used at close range because it's supposed to be. If it were just pointing and stuff happens, I would have said so.

Also Frost Bite isn't an icy wolf head. It's an entire wolf.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Work in Progress:

Safian:

Sabertooth: Safian projections an aura around herself, causing her to appear as a giant black sabertooth lion with a flaming red mane. Opponents who view this image have a chance to be so overwhelmed by fear that they stop attacking and attempt to get as far away from Safian as possible. The fear fades after 20 seconds. The chance of inflicting fear depends on the intelligence of the opponent and whether or not they are taken by surprise.

Artexi:

Monu:

Dancing Dust: Monu creates a dust devil from the end of his keyblade, obscuring the vision of anyone within a 20ft radius on him.

Pluto's Aegis: Monu creates a floating shield in front of him. The shield is made of incredibly durable quartz, and is about the size of a traditional medieval shield. It persists until destroyed by some external attack, or if it is knocked more than 10ft away from Monu. Otherwise, the shield will follow him.

Eve:

Master of Nothingness: Eve cannot be interrupted when casting Void spells

Void Seep: Eve targets a single opponent, creating an orb of white energy in her hand. A pair of silver-white cuffs appear on the opponent's wrist. As long as the cuffs are present, a small amount of damage is done to the wearer, restoring an equal amount of health to Eve. The cuffs can be destroyed with magic or magic-based attack, and the effect only ends when both are destroyed.

Psychosphere: Eve hurls a sphere of pure magical energy at the opponent.

Psychowave: Sends a pulse of magical energy in a 10ft radius circle around Eve.

Psychoshift: Eve teleports to an unoccupied space within a 30ft radius circle.

Last edited by Leafy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 6:30 am

Hitomi

Blood Moon: Fires a shot from the Keyblade at an enemy that on contact expands into a large red sphere, immbolizing and damaging the enemy inside. Can envelope multiple small enemies if close together.

Irritum

Parasite Raid: Throws the Keyblade that doesn't harm the target upon contact, but instead leaves behind several larvae that burrow into the target, spreading poison through their body. Initially inflicts Poison and the longer the remain afflicted they become afflicted with Silence then Blind, Confusion, Sleep, and finally Slow and cycling back.

Maniacal Fang: Slams their Keyblade on the ground, creating a wide shockwave in front of them damaging enemies in six foot area in front of the user.

Blood Lust Slash: A horizontal slash that draws blood from open wounds, accelerating the bleeding process.

Death Spiral: Spins with the Death Scythe outstretched, generating a black whirlwind to pull enemies in and cut them up.

Disruption: Summons a pair of large skeletal hands at opposite ends of a target or clustered group of targets that smash into it/them.

Vampiric Blades: Creates a black whirlwind around the user to repel attacks, cutting into the attacker if they make contact with it.

Frightening Muck: Stabs the Keyblade into the ground where a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][url=<br /><font]
monstrous mass[/url] of whatever terrain emerges and hurls itself at enemies within their view. At its strongest when used on wet and soft terrain while at its weakest when used on dry and hard terrain.

Nihility Song: Conjures up a flurry of ghostly creatures around a target that let out horrific wails, removing positive effects from the target.

Harnessed Rage

Suffering: Randomly thrusts the Keyblade, sending bolts of darkness from it.

Revenge: A series of wild spins and slashes sending out dark shockwaves.

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts 2013
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next