Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours

Go down 
+2
Script-Z
Neo Bahamut
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

"Time is of the essence," Mortal said, "Keep that in mind."

--

Noct did not have anything in particular to bring up.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 pm

"Your shop is near the bay, right? The Red Monsoons are around there somewhere."
---------------------------------------------------------
*Tarrlok gathers Saxeus & the older council members around him as they are dismissed, oblivious to the fact that Keter is glaring at them. *

Tarrlok<My friends, do you have a moment? I think we have much to discuss. Perhaps over Kuang's Cuisine? I would love some roast turtleduck, myself.>

Keter<Worthless, dull-witted tools.>

Tenzin<Should you really be talking about them like that? You may be serving with them soon.>

Keter<At least then they will be bending to the whims of someone worthier.>
==================================
*He seals up the room & then sits opposite her.*

<So, you wanna tell me why you were firebombing that restaurant? Trying to get protection money? Or maybe just petty arson.>
===================================
*Mortal soon finds herself back in Beifong's office with Euryale.*

"Well, the Monsoons and the Purists were much more cooperative. The Monsoons basically verified everything that Senthose said. Which isn't so surprising. What was surprising was that most of the Purists claimed they were arrested for fighting with the Triple Threats, but we don't have nearly the same number of Triple Threats in our custody."

Beifong<I wouldn't dwell on that too much. I've examined those claims myself. Most of them were booked for soliciting protection money. Not for assaulting rival gangs.>

"That's what I saw. But the businesses in the reports are mostly owned by non-benders."

*The Chief folds her arms & leans back.*

Beifong<I see. And it isn't likely that they would turn on the people they're trying to recruit. So they were given credit for Zolt's crimes. Good find.>

"Thank you, Chief. But, if you don't mind my asking, will it be enough to exonerate us?"
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm

"Yeah..." Astarte replied. "Well, the debate seems to be finished. I should head home."

Dalia raised an eyebrow, "'Firebombing that restaurant'? I did nothing of the sort. I was attacked by a Waterbender and an Earthbender in the street."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm

*Seeing as the debate's over, Eve stands up and stretches*

<That was quite interesting.>
---
*Monu does the same*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Noct chuckled a bit to herself imagining people 'bending to the whims of someone worthier'. "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you all, but I should begin to head home," With that she began walking away, "It was a pleasure, and I hope to see you again soon."

--

OOC: Since I have no recollection of what the crap Gabe was doing, I'm going to use the end of the debate as a perfect segue to continue with her.

Gabe watched the end of the debate with a small smile. Some of the people there were of a much passionate disposition than the usual politician, it made for something interesting to watch. She waits a few minutes before she begins to follow the audience as it clears out of the bleachers.

--

Mortal waited for The Chief to answer the question.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Keter<Noctis, correct? You would make a valuable asset. Keep up the good work. And Tenzin...bye.>

*Tenzin sighs & the other Air Acolyte pats him on the shoulder. Keter begins walking off.*
======================================
Beifong<Perhaps. It depends on what else we find when we look into these arrests. But more importantly, I want you to begin making calls. Find out the date of the next full moon. If we do this right, we can arrest both Zolt and Senthose in one night.>
"Oh...yeah...I guess I should, you know, leave too."

*And so they begin filing out, whereupon such time they find themselves reunited with Gabe.*
<A likely story. Why would security guards go out to attack someone, hm?>
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

*Eve and Monu head towards the exit*
---
Tirea:<So...should we get home?>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Astarte waved to Gabe and offered a smile.

"I believe a fight must have broken out between the security guards and a pair of Firebenders," Dalia said. "I was simply caught in the middle of it, as I tried to make it to the arena in time to view the political debate."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Gabe shrugged at Tiera's question, "I guess s--" She then spotted Astarte, and Roatha and smiled. "Oh, hello you two. I didn't know you two knew each other."

--

Noct smiled to herself and kept on walking, amused at being called a useful asset.

--

"You're going to wait until the Red Monsoons attack before stepping in?" Mortal asked.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm

*Roatha looks at Astarte, & then back, not remembering whether or not he ever told her his name.*

"Yeah, we're...acquainted. Wait, you know each other?"

[Probably a good thing I didn't brag about knowing a Pro-Bender.]
=====================================
Beifong<We need more evidence to convict Zolt, and it will be difficult to prove that Senthose is planning a murder without catching the Monsoons in the act. With any luck, he might even feel that he can't leave the task to his underlings, and show up himself.>

"Yeah...yeah, that makes sense. When we were on the phone, he said something about 'personally drowning' us if we interfered."
*The lift butler guy turns to Noctis.*

<Will you be needing anything else, ma'am, or are you leaving for the night?>
=======================================
*The other cop enters behind her, sealing the exit on his way in.*

Cop2<Bullhorsedung. We arrested several Agni Kais there, we know this was planned.>

Cop1<So what were you doing that you just happened to be in the middle of an Agni Kai hit?>
=======================================
*Outside, puddles on the ground indicate that it was raining hard during the game. A couple walks past them.*

<I wouldn't count on that game with the Rabiroos being much of anything special. Those 3 don't look like they'll be able to ante up for the Pot. Unless they get a sponsor, they might as well have just dove into the drink.>
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:04 pm

*Tirea smiles and waves*

Tirea:<You work at the coffee shop, right?>
---
*Eve shivers, then starts walking down the street. She tries not to step in any puddles*
---
*Monu jogs off in the opposite direction, trying to get back to his apartment before the rains starts again*

[To do list: get a new raincoat.]
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:36 pm

"Yeah," Astarte nodded, before turning to Roatha. "Gabe is a regular customer at the shop."

"As I explained, I was on my way to the debate," Dalia answered immediately. "Being one of the few affluent Fire Nation families in Republic City, the Lao family has plenty of interest in the future of it's politics. I assure you that this was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
*Heide can't get to the lookout, considering he's standing on a staircase, which is perpendicular to her running path. Fortunately, a flying machete cuts him in the shoulder, at which point he grabs it with his other hand, accidentally electrocuting himself. Ivan & Vanessa finally begin to stir. As a quartet of new Firebenders approaches the door, the Leader swings her bolas at their handles, causing the doors to swing shut & become entangled.*

Leader<Time to leave. Vanessa, go pull my sword out of the wall. Ivan, track down Amon. Hopefully, he's found something worthwhile. Be prepared to fight reinforcements in the alleys.>
During the sprint she realized her miscalculation; However that is solved by a machete and the firebender electrocutes himself. So instead she uses the Leader as point rendezvous. Quickly glancing at Vanessa and Ivan she sees they starts to stir, good. Fighting reinforcements in an alley? Well, she should keep her head cool and not get carried away like she did here. She tried to keep her face smooth and not show anything outwards, but on the inside she cringed at the thought of getting a scolding from the Leader later on.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Gabe nodded, "Yes. I love the coffee, and service." She then smiled and shifted her weight from one leg to the other, "So, did you come for the game, or the debate?"

--

Mortal nodded, "Yes, I remember that."

--

"No, that will be all," Noct said, throwing on a coat, and beginning to walk out of there.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm

*Vanessa retrieves the Leader's sword from the wall & hands it to her as she begins to walk out. Without stopping, she re-sheathes it.*

Vanessa<Should we use the staircase?>

Leader<No. That leads to the roof, & there is a good chance that airships will be called in to survey the area.>

*With that, she finds a door near the base of the staircase, & kicks it open with her usual subtlety. True to her prediction, the alley had a bald Firebender in a trenchcoat at one end, & a woman with short red hair, a plain grey flapper dress, & fingerless gloves at the other end. Upon seeing the Purists, they both let loose a wide spray of fire.*
============================================
*Everyone headed home arrives there without incident.*
"Huh...well, I came for the game. Good job on that, by the way."
Cop2<So you went while your parents stayed home? Did they go senile, and promote you to head of the household?>
Beifong<...Don't you have a job to do?>

"Oh, right! Sorry, ma'am, we'll get right on it!"

*Euryale salutes & heads out of the door.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm

<I hope you enjoyed it!>

*Tirea smiles, but looks very tired*
---
*Eve and Monu go straight to bed*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Mortal left after Euryale, and made her way to her desk. She sat down, picked up her phone, and called the local astronomer to figure out the current lunar cycle.

--

Noct goes to bed. Like a boss.

--

Gabe smiled, "Thanks, I'm a bit excited to be back out there actually."
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 am

"I came for the game, too," Astarte said quietly. "My first, actually."

"They are both getting old, and neither of them wanted to go out in such poor weather," Dalia replied. "I, on the other hand, am young and the future head of the family. It is more important that I attend these functions on their behalf."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 am

Cop1<No one believes you. You can either admit to the raid, or get taken to a holding cell.>
========================================
*Eve has not fallen asleep when her phone begins ringing.*
========================================
"We should celebrate tomorrow. Let's see if Euryale & Mortal can call off."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 am

Gabe looked a bit shocked, "It was your first time to a Pro-Bending game? Wow, I hope you enjoyed it." She then looked at Roatha, "It would be nice, but we have practice, and I'm sure those two have bad guys to catch." She then looked at Tiera, and Astarte, "They're cops, not just some random guys beating up bad guys, by the way... Just want to make that clear..."
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 am

"I did," Astarte replied to Gabe's first comment, and just nodded at the second.

Dalia made firm eye contact with the cop, "Do you have any witnesses that could contradict me? Any statements that I should hear? I won't be put away for being brutally attacked by belligerent gang members."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:41 pm

*Eve sleepy gets up and answers the phone*

<Hello?>
---
<Cool! So they're friends of yours?>

*Tirea stares at the ground*

<We..we don't have practice all day.>

Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 pm

*And so Mortal and Eve have been connected.*
R"Yeah, the next game's not until the end of the month. Besides, I guarantee that Euryale will be good for it."

~Moments later, at a pay phone in the lobby~

R"What do you mean you're not good for it?!"

E"Sorry, but things are a little crazy around here right now. Well...Chief Beifong is making a press statement about it, so I guess I can tell you: We're investigating corruption in the force."

R"Are you serious? Who is it?"

E"...If we knew that, we wouldn't be investigating, now would we?"

R"Can you repeat that without the sass?"

E"No. Then again, there's not a whole lot we can do right now, and I do feel bad about missing Gabby's first game...."
=====================================
Cop1<Your alibi doesn't add up, that's proof enough.>

Cop2<And your story keeps changing. First you didn't know what was going on, now you were attacked by a Triad.>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm

"Garbage," Dalia scoffed. "If it was an Agni Kai hit, and they were attacking a Watebender and an Earthbender who were 'security guards', it isn't a leap to assume gang warfare."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 am

"Hello, is this the astronomer, Eve?" Mortal asked.

--

Gabe nodded, "I suppose you're right. I forgot what the schedule looked like for a second. I suppose we could if everything works out."

-Moments later.-

Gabe tried, and failed, to stifle a chuckle at Roatha's reaction. When Euryale went on to explain why she wasn't free, Gabe frowned, "Well, that sounds serious."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: [LoK] Republic City Renaissance-
Jump to: