Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kingdom Hearts 2013

Go down 
+2
Script-Z
Leafy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 am

Convoluted revenge driven plots are awful.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:38 am

1. Did you ever decide anything on Void Attack?

2. That bio makes no goddamn sense.

3. There was 1 ability that I had a problem with. His ability to just randomly phase through shit. I think I'd accept it if it were close range, since turning around to counter actually sounds easier than all of that shit.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:40 am

I left it as is, since you seemed okay with it.

And the lot of his abilities are close range.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 am

Xyukuse

Ohana Beat: Strums the Chaos Ripper like a ukulele to attack enemies within a radius of three feet of him with soundwaves.

Firewheel: Cloaks himself in fire and performs a cartwheel, damaging enemies on contact.

Rising Slash: If knocked down, recovers while performing a series of slashes on surrounding enemies.

Kick Dive: Jumps and kicks off of a wall or large enemy and spins towards another enemy, attacking with a kick that generates a shockwave on impact.

Demon Fang: Slashes the Chaos Ripper along the ground sending a blade of dark energy at an opponent in a straight line up to six feet, staggering them breaking their defenses if hit.

Ohana Beat, front and center as promised.

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 9:57 am

Ohana Beat denied. Range needs to be specified for Demon Fang. While you are at it, it might be good to clarify if "3 feet" is the radius or the diameter for Ohana Beat.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:06 am

Anything else in need of clarification?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 am

Not really, though I advise a radius for Ohana Beat, rather than a diameter. The shoulders alone probably take up nearly 2 feet.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:56 am

Last time I said radius (for some obscure reason) it was met with a big no.

And now it's radius. Might be a good idea to not totally overcentralize his abilities with limited range.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 am

That's because that was a radius of 12 feet. That's a diameter of 24 feet.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:56 am

Xyukuse

Fire Surge: Rushes forward a short distance while surrounded by a revolving ring of fire.

Counter Hammer: After a successful block, follows through by stabbing the Chaos Ripper into the ground, damaging surrounding enemies with the resulting shockwave.

Dragon Tempest: Creates a whirling ball of wind in front of himself, slashing the enemy multiple times and follows through with a slash with the Chaos Ripper, cutting through the wind dealing more damage to the opponent.

Renewal Block: Recovers HP with a successful block.

Severing Fang: Kicks a small or medium sized enemy into the air above him and follows up by stabbing the Chaos Ripper into it, finishing it off by slamming it into the ground.

Dodge Deflect: Roll to close in on an enemy, deflecting incoming projectiles in the process.

Gravity Raid: Throws a Keyblade which unleashes a Gravity attack on contact.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:57 am

Fire Surge: Not accepted, isn't this what Firewheel is for?

Counter Hammer: Not accepted, no reason this should have to take place after a block.

Dragon Tempest: Accepted.

Renewal Block: Not accepted, doesn't fit with his attack-oriented style & borders on OP.

Severing Fang: Accepted.

Dodge Deflect: Accepted.

Gravity Raid: Accepted.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:05 am

Firewheel was never used for offense being pretty weak and mad slow compared to Fire Surge which can also hit multiple targets.

And saying a reprisal has no business being used after a block is pretty silly. Being the whole point of said command.

Retaliating Slash: When knocked into the air, rights himself and counters with a slash from the Chaos Ripper.

HP Absorb: Steal a small amount of HP from an enemy with each successful attack.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:10 am

Quote :
Firewheel was never used for offense being pretty weak and mad slow compared to Fire Surge which can also hit multiple targets.

And saying a reprisal has no business being used after a block is pretty silly. Being the whole point of said command.

This is not a videogame. We adhere to logic here. Logically, Fire Surge is virtually identical to Firewheel & there's no reason that an attack can only be used after a block.

Quote :

Retaliating Slash: When knocked into the air, rights himself and counters with a slash from the Chaos Ripper.

HP Absorb: Steal a small amount of HP from an enemy with each successful attack.

Acceptable.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:37 am

Except for having two entirely different functions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:19 am

Xyukuse

Heat Slash: Performs a spinning slash with the Chaos Ripper while the blade is engulfed in flames. If Frolic Flame is equipped, Xyukuse can follow the first slash up with two additional hits.

High Jump: Jumps twice his height.

Tetra Screen: Damage from Fire, Ice, and Lightning attacks is reduced by 40%.

Dragon Surge: Performs a sweeping kick to stagger an enemy then follows through with either an upward slash to send the target into the air or a downward slash to knock it down.

Stone Dragon Ascent: Charges the Chaos Ripper with energy then performs an upward slash resulting in a localized quake, pulverizing surrounding enemies with rising rocks.

Brick Wall: Can continue performing actions even when attacked.

Heavy Blade: Never stagger when attacking a well armored non-boss enemy.

Pyromaniac: Fire-attributed abilities are more likely to Ignite enemies.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:41 am

Tempted to just respond with "No."

Heat Slash: Performs a spinning slash with the Chaos Ripper while the blade is engulfed in flames. If Frolic Flame is equipped, Xyukuse can follow the first slash up with two additional hits. This part makes no sense.

High Jump: Fine.

Tetra Screen: I'm not figuring out what 40% of a 2nd degree burn is, nor am I giving him resistance to 3 of the most common elements.

Dragon Surge: Fine.

Stone Dragon Ascent: Fine.

Brick Wall: No.

Heavy Blade: Doesn't even make sense, the enemy's armor has nothing to do with staggering.

Pyromaniac: No.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:59 am

Heat Slash: Disregard having approved two other abilities that have similar lines.

Should probably mention in the OP that abilities for elemental resistance are off-limits.

Brick Wall: Magic Bracer/Leaf Bracer good. Melee equvilant bad. No bias towards magic users here.

Heavy Blade: Because hitting a Large Body or anything of the sort up front doesn't stagger the player.

Pyromaniac: Abilities involving status abilities should also be off-limits as you never remember what character has an ability involving them and in the off chance you do, you ignore it. Or elemental enhancers are strictly limited to one character per player.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 am

Still heard nothing about Brick Wall other than "it's from a game I don't like." Heavy Blade also comes from a game you don't like, so it's probably safe to assume it's rejected.

Although Magic Bracer came from a game you don't like, so perhaps it's just bias towards specific characters.

Xyukuse

Backstabber: Single stabbing attack with the Frolic Flame. Minimal damage if attacking from the front or side, guaranteed critical hit when attacking from behind.

Nilhil Blade Tempest: Starts off with a slash from the Chaos Ripper, follows through with a kick and a slash from the Frolic Flame before finishing off with a series of slashes.

Silent Reaper: Sinks into the shadows out of harms way to rush an enemy, springing up in front of it weapon/s clad in darkness to attack.

Phantom Dragon Dance: Starts with an upward slash with the Frolic Flame and continues with a series of kicks finishing it off with a flaming kick.

Dark Haze: Cloaks himself in darkness and charges an enemy. May inflict Doom.

Firetooth: Engulfs both Keyblades in flames and throws them at an enemy. The Keyblades can bounce around and ricochette off other enemies for multiple hits.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:56 am

That's because you didn't even try to fix them, you just complained.

Backstabber: Critical hits aren't even a thing. This isn't a Game Within A Game.

Nilhil Blade Tempest: This is just a bunch of attacks, no point having a specialized ability for it.

Silent Reaper: Entering into shadows is one of those moves that I require to be restricted, because of its tendency to be overpowered.

Phantom Dragon Dance: Same as Blade Tempest.

Dark Haze: Tell me how often it inflicts Doom.

Firetooth: I guess this is fine.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:10 am

What is there to fix? Anything I brought up about them was ignored (Heavy Blade) or met with some of the shittiest reasoning ever (Brick Wall).

Silent Reaper: See? This is what you didn't do in regards to those other abilities, state what is wrong with them. Then again, how restricted is Nero's Shadow Slide? It just says slowly and otherwise has no real restrictions. Hell, spinging up in front of a body which would give them an opportunity to defend is more restrictive.

Phantom Dragon Dance: I didn't realize anyone could perform a kick with a flaming leg.

Dark Haze: As often as any aja ability that I posted and were approved. When you remember that status effects exist since tacking on a percentage is met with a "I ain't figuring that out." Dark Star ended with "may Blind and/or stun enemies," yet was not met with any further questions.

Or cite Nero's Dark Aura which does not say how often it causes confusion, just that it cane.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 am

How many times did I say that there can't be an ability that prevents attacks from being disabled in all contexts? So if he gets stabbed in the arm, or knocked to the ground, he can still pull off a flawless attack because he has some ability? Uh-uh. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Heavy Blade I mostly forgot about, however, its wording suggests that Large Bodies can't stagger him, not that his attacks don't ricochet off of shit, which seems like a largely inconsequential ability. Anyone who's attacking properly wouldn't be flung across the room in an exaggerated fashion whenever they hit something.

Silent Reaper: That is the main restriction. He can't just suddenly disappear into the shadows, & he's basically defenseless while he's doing it. Xyukuse could essentially dodge any attack, appear in front of the enemy, & run them through while they're defenseless. Not to mention, it doesn't make sense that the ability could only teleport him in front of the enemy.

Phantom Dragon Dance: Why not just have an ability for a flaming kick?

Dark Haze: Okay, fine.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:00 am

So magic being unabale to be disabled in damn near any context is acceptable (magic being the most used form of offense) but the least used form of offense gets totally hosed? And those hypotheticals mean nil. He gets knocked down? There's a reprisal for that. Stabbed in the arm? His style dictates that he alternates between mono and duel wielding as well as using his primary weapon in one or both hands. It's not like he isn't taking damage in the process. Again, it's the melee equvilant to Magic Bracer and the like.

Heavy Blade: So since that misunderstanding was cleared up....?

Silent Reaper: Because appearing behind an enemy where they're most vulnerable would be overpowered? And that's a pretty lacking restriction. He's never alone and his M.O is maintaining a distance and pretty much no enemy that has appeared is fast enough to close in and take advantage of his vulnerability and very few can attack at a distance.

Phantom Dragon Dance: Because the odds of you saying, that's just Havoc Strike but on fire are quite high.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:54 am

Magic & melee are different. Imagine that. Also, didn't I cancel & say that only Leaf Bracer was acceptable for this reason?

Heavy Blade: There's no point to it, like I said.

Silent Reaper: Yes, it would be, but you can't just have arbitrary limits that make no sense either. And I'm not going to argue about Nero's ability for eternity. It DOES leave him wide open, that's the reason why he's never used it.

Phantom Dragon Dance: Those abilities are nothing alike.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 am

No, this is the first time it's been mentioned. Much like any other time you decide something is off-limits and then expect everyone to rummage through multiple pages of a thread because you supposedly have said so multiple times. And it's not like I've proposed an idea multiple times to do away with that problem or anything.

Silent Reaper: So it should be slow, totally disregarding that a part of his style is speed because the current restrictions don't make it borderline useless?

Phantom Dragon Dance: Isn't that a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 am

Brick Wall: Nobody has Magic Bracer, so that was the decision, rendering this whole argument pointless.

Silent Reaper: Nero's style is ranged, guess that means it should be okay for me to give him an ability that allows him to explode the head of anyone that he thinks of. Because that is a long range attack.

Phantom Dragon Dance: It's a neutral thing. I'm still not accepting a bunch of random attacks whose only contribution is that 1 of them is a flaming kick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts 2013
Page 8 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next