Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 am

I assume that Astarte and Roatha appeared at about this time, and Astarte gave Tahno a weary look.

"We were trying to go into a bar, but some guys out front wouldn't let us in," Eduj explained. "My friend asked them if they were hiding something and we were set upon by Purists. It was all we could do to escape."

Dalia was probably listening to this, and chuckled at Franz's bitter remark.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 am

Franz<None of that is an issue!>

Keter<Then what is? The Triads? The Spirit Monster? If I recall, you have been most ineffective in handling all of them.>

Franz<My proposals were voted against.>

Keter<You proposed we bring the Avatar to the city. She is 9, and in no position for you to shove your workload off on her.>
============================
<Oh, so you've already deduced how to do away with it, then?>
<Maybe you could teach me some moves. Like that one where you went skidding across the floor. That was really stylish.>
<Don't lie to me, Boy, or I'll have you arrested for obstruction of justice!>
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:25 am

"I must agree with Keter on that," Noct said, "Any proposal that amounts to 'lets let someone else fix it' is not a good proposal. We should look to our own city's abilities to take care of itself. Just recently, through due process, and our legal system we were able to apprehend and imprison a triad leader. There is no reason we cannot do the same for most of our problems, or do you propose that Republic City is too weak, and ill equipped to handle its own affairs?"

--

"Can't argue results," Gabe said with a shrug, "Now, if you'll be a doll, I'm trying to listen to the debate. You know, the important one, not your annoying prattle."

--

"Are you telling us that you know how to do away with the spirit?" Mortal asked.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:31 am

Astarte's look turned to a glare as she mentally kicked Tahno in the balls.

"I'm not lying. You think I'm a Purist or something? That is exactly what happened," Eduj replied, cocking an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:46 am

<Of course not. I simply assumed, from the way that you said, 'forces you can't control,' then that must have meant that you have more control over it than I do. I suppose I was mistaken, & you were merely projecting your anger at your own failure onto me.>
===============================
<I can tell you're lying, Boy. We Earthbenders sometimes have that ability.>
Franz<I merely observed that Spiritual Matters are generally the affair of the Avatar.>

Keter<More often than not, the Spirits can be appeased by the simple act of restoring the natural landscape. The problem here is that you consistently fail to understand subtlety.>

*By now, Franz's face is growing red. He jabs a finger at Keter.*

Franz<I will not stand to listen to you insult me so blatantly! What have you done with your influence? Appear dolled up on magazines covers? What exactly does that provide anyone?! No, on second thought, don't answer that.>

Tenzin<Franz, might I suggest that you relax, and think about where your words are taking you? It's-->

*He holds up a hand in a silencing gesture.*

Franz<I don't need to hear some bizarre Air Nomad wind metaphor right now!>
==============================
<And our results are all first round knock-outs.>

*Tahno rolls his eyes, upon which he notices Astarte.*

Tahno<What're you so upset about, Sugar? I'm sorry, but maybe you should pick a team that actually stands a chance.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 am

"Perhaps you would be less upset if your name had a heart around it as well," Noct said with a small chuckle, "Jokes aside, Franz, I suggest you listen to Tenzin. Your blatant hostility is making you no friends, and if you can barely hold a civil conversation with any of the delegates in attendance, how do you presume to work with any of them to solve anything?" Noct let out a sigh, "Sadly, I fear your outburst has done nothing but distract all of us from the real issue here. Perhaps if you had a legitimate idea of how to govern you'd be more apt to discuss the issues, rather than trail off into a rant about how seeing Keter looking great in a magazine really upsets you."

--

"Of course not, that is kind of a leap in logic for someone who seems to pride himself on his smarts," Mortal let out a sigh, "Of course we don't control it. What, did you think we came here to berate you on your poor spirit husbandry, then tell you that everything was fine? We'd just let you rot in this cell."

--

"Don't talk to my friends that way, Tahno," Gabe said, "If you want to trade barbs, I'm your woman, but only a punk picks a fight with a fan for no reason."

Last edited by Script-Z on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 am

Astarte scowled and retrieved some water, which began to glow as she approached Venezuala. She smiled a little, "I can help you now. Sorry about before..."

"I know that, and I know that what I say is the truth," Eduj said. "Would you like me to tell you again?"
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am

<Would you like to go to jail?>
<Hey, I can talk to whoever I want. You don't own me.>

*Meanwhile, Ven is doing her best to ignore Tahno, & removing her equipment. Don't get too excited, Gabe, she's wearing her usual clothes underneath.*
*Senthose stands up.*

<I'm not sure if that was supposed to be an insult or if you're really too dim to understand when you've been--burned.>

"Don't insult Mortal."

<Or you'll what? Attack me? Do you think you have the advantage because this cell is made of metal? Rip any panel of it away, & you expose the pipes below. In addition to how much water is already in here, in the form of vapor. Do you know how much that is? I do.>
<I am NOT attracted to that Ash-Maker!>

*He gets a dumbfounded look as it dawns on him what he's just said. He slowly looks out to the crowd & winces as he is rightfully booed. Keter reaches up to cover her mouth with her hand, disguising a smirk as a light cough.*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 am

"You're not going to goad us into striking you," Mortal said, "Besides, we already went through this, or have you forgotten how you got here?"

--

"That was the most school yard rebuttal I've heard in a while," Gabe said, who was indeed unexcited, "Kudos, Tahno. I take back what I said about you not having skill."

--

Noct looks fittingly appalled, managing to suppress the urge to grin, "I will not stand for such racial slurs. Your choice of words is reprehensible, and you owe the people of Republic City, broadly, and Keter, specifically, an apology."

--

Gabe looked up at the stage, "Did... did that guy call Keter an Ash-Maker?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 am

<Wow, you really must have nothing better to do than act like an asshole.>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:33 am

R"Well, guess I'm not votin' for that guy."

*Even the Wolfbats are shocked, as they're staring up at the ring, & neglect to respond.*
---------------------------------------------------
*Tenzin & the Air Acolyte shake their heads in disappointment. That's when Tarrlok steps in front of Franz.*

Tarrlok<I, for one, think we have heard enough, and that our present chairman can apologize on his own time. If Keter agrees, mind you, as she was the one who was slighted.>

*Keter gestures with her hand.*

Keter<Proceed. I would prefer to get back to business anyway.>

Tarrlok<I have been thinking of what to do with the illegally acquired buildings we've repossessed from the Agni Kais and the Purists, and I propose that we make them available to those displaced by the Triads' crimes for a period of time, before putting them back on the market. Those who need new homes or businesses could acquire them free of charge simply by providing documentation of what was lost.>
======================================
<I remember the redhead running away, & you frozen in my Bloodbending grip.>

"Mortal, can we please just go home now?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

*Tirea stares up at the debate*

<Yep, I know who I'm not voting for now.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 am

"I agree, the idea to use the property for the benefit of those in need is quite fitting," Noct said with a nod.

--

"Sure," Mortal said with a shrug.

--

Gabe was now more interested in the debate than anything else, and stopped paying attention to Tahno and his crew.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:59 am

Astarte set about healing Ven while still listening to the debate.

"No... fine, I'll level with you," Eduj sighed. "We thought they would be Purists. Personally I wouldn't have been so blatant, but my friend wanted to provoke them. He succeeded."

Dalia snorted and laughed at Franz's disaster.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:29 am

<So you assaulted them.>
=================================
Tenzin<That is a very Air Nomad ideal.>

Tarrlok<Then we're agreed! Perfect!>

Host<Speaking of, I hear the Purists have been running amok lately. Are you any closer to getting rid of them?>

Tarrlok<The plan remains the same. Right now, the police are rather short-handed, but when reinforcements arrive from Ba Sing Se in the morning, we will be able to clear the streets quickly.>
*As they step outside, Euryale closes up the cell door & Senthose makes a whipping noise.*
Tahno<Well...good luck in the semifinals. You're gonna need it.>

*Tahno waves. Then the Wolfbats flare their arms & leave.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:17 am

"What a bunch of creeps," Astarte said quietly, glancing at the Wolfbats as they left.

"We didn't touch them- they attacked as when we implied that they were Purists," Eduj said. "Until then we had just been standing outside of their establishment. After that everything we did was in self defense."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 am

Gabe stifles a chuckle at the flaring of the arms, and goes back to listening to the debate.

--

Which Noct doesn't add to at the moment, having nothing to say on the matter.

--

Mortal wonderd if she actually is whipped, considering they only had one date. Or did the diner count as a date, she frowned that she might have not realized she was on a date.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 am

*Euryale ensures that the cell remains locked before she begins heading out.*

"I think we're going to have to investigate where this all began."
Host<So...is that everything?>
<I thought I told you not to lie to me, Boy.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:03 am

"Lead the way," Mortal said.

--

Noct doesn't speak up again, not seeing the need.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 am

<Bye self absorbed, friendless morons!>

*Tirea waves at the Wolfbats*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 am

Astarte continued healing Ven as best she could.

"I'm not, that is exactly what happened," Eduj frowned, knowing that what he said was in fact, what happened. "We implied that they were hiding Purists from us, and they dived into attack. A third party appeared and also attacked us and I tried my best to get us out of there by tunneling, twice."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 am

<It's your decision, Captain.>

<We don't have anything to prosecute you, so get out of my sight, before I change my mind.>
Host<Alright, I guess we're done already. Remember, the elections are the Monday after the Pro-Bending Semifinals.>
*Euryale heads out to where they parked the car. Scanning the lot, she sees it to be mostly empty.*

"Keep an eye out, I don't like this."

*She heads over to unlock Mortal's side first.*

"We'll investigate the park first thing tomorrow morning."
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 am

"I can't walk, and my friends are unconscious," Eduj said, his irritation gone. "I would be grateful if we got some help out of here."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 pm

When Mortal got in she leaned over to unlock Euryale's side, "I suppose that makes sense."

--

"Well, that was fast," Gabe said. She then looked at her group of friends, "Figure out who you want to vote for yet?"

--

Noct waits until she can leave, not really wanting to rush off the stage while the host was still talking.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm

*Euryale sits down & gets ready to drive, trying not to point out that Mortal wasn't much of a lookout.*
=================================
*The audience & the delegates begin to disperse. As they can now no longer be heard due to not being amplified & because of the murmur of the crowd, Franz turns to face Keter.*

Franz<I know you've been planning that this whole time.>

*Keter flicks her wrist, producing a white paper fan from her sleeve, which she opens & hides her mouth behind.*

Keter<I have no idea what you're talking about....>

Franz<Don't play stupid. I'm warning you, stay out of my way.>
===================================
<Gladly.>

*A cord shoots out of his wrist, wrapping around Eduj. The others do the same with Hector & Stefan.*
===================================
"Keter and Tarrlok. Maybe Noctis? The rest of them hardly ever say anything, so I'm not really sure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches
Page 28 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next