Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War On Crime

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

War On Crime - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 am

OOC: Or because they don't use lethal weapons.

*Artemis crosses her own arms, looking salty.*

"For YOUR information, the news says he's Wyatt Wilson, an assassin otherwise known as Deathstroke. And you 2 act like I'm helpless."
===============================
*Aroma's face goes white.*

"...You're expecting to hear that she 'was found'?"
V"Uh, sure, whatever. I'm just gonna go punch out & make a call."
*Thiera resolves to pull Wraith down into the sewer muck with her algae & also pump toxins into his skin, which for now don't do anything. Having psychic control over plants, she simply causes the poisonous cells in Mr. Oreo's body to become inert. For her part, Luna grabs Mr. Oreo's collar to pull him away, then jabs this Wraith asshole with a Taser spear.*

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:13 am

"Did they also tell you all he was capable of?" June asked, taking the mockery out of her voice. "We know you're not helpless, B. But what kind of friends would we be if we weren't a little dubious about you putting yourself in harm's way?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Amanda:<You're not helpless but...June's right. We all gotta understand our limits. Now let's go do something to distract you!>

*She looks around at the nearby stores for an idea*

<(Hey June, help me out here!)>
===
*Kylie nods, then slips past Ven, and goes to sign herself out on the volunteer log*
===
Eve:<I'm sure she's fine.>

*She reaches out to pat Aroma on the shoulder, but thinks better of it and pulls her hand back*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:37 am

Wraith grabs Luna's shaft (because she has a penis) and pulls her towards him, knife ready to stab into her.

Being pulled back having yanked Wraith's knife from his side, Cloud is bleeding out. He'll die because he paired up with idiots.

=================================

Taiyo: "Right. If there was nothing said about her, she must be okay."

Loeb drives through a section of the city that's not exactly police friendly. During the day, most of the street workers aren't out, but the few that are still report everything to Fuko such as if there are police present.

He sees his mark. A shitty looking Chrysler owned by a Tyson Pratt who's been in and out of jail mostly for theft and possession charges.

The sirens wail and Tyson pulls over. Fuko will hear about this. In her section of the city, she is the law. Luckily for Loeb her power only goes so far, so while she and her employees will give Loeb some trouble, they'll let him leave alive and in one piece.

Tyson: "Aww shit, now what the fuck you pullin' me over for?"

Loeb: "'Cause I feel like it! Just sit your ass on the curb and shut the fuck up."

After Tyson parks his ass on the curb, Loeb takes a look inside the car. He's told Tyson on multiple occasions that he's got probable cause to search his car. He's bullshitting, but Tyson wasn't a smart kid.

Tyson: "Man, fuck this shit."

Loeb: "All right smartass, I'm takin' your black ass to jail!"

Loeb shuts the car off and pockets the keys then gets to hauling Tyson into his car, getting into the drivers seat.

Tyson: "Man, you got nothing on me."

Loeb: "Shut up. We both know that's a lie. I want a name of whoever's pushing Dominos."

Tyson: "Fuck, don't you watch the news? It's the Black Mask."

Loeb: "I can't just go knocking on a door with a warrant for the Black Mask's arrest. I need the name of a dealer. We know that shit has reached this part of the city, it's everywhere."

Tyson: "Some punk who's rolling with the Red Crescent Demons has been pushing that shit in my building. Name's Dominic Joseph or something. Fuck, this end of town is shitty enough as is, I don't need that shit threatening my parole."

Loeb turns a corner, taking Tyson back to his car.

Loeb: "Thank you for your time."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:59 am

*She has armor & he's being electrocuted while possibly drowning in shit, so this seems like a win-win. With a wave of her hands, Thiera turns the plant cells in Cloud's blood to anticoaculants & has the algae quickly wrap around Wraith, binding him in a full body & ever-expanding bark cast. She then jumps forward, spritzing him in the face with muscle relaxants from a flower on her wrist.*

Th"That dosage should still leave your speech more-or-less in tact. Now, tell us who hired you & Shoot-Man!"

L"She means Deathstroke."
============================
A"But then why isn't she answering me? Why hasn't she come out of the sewers? There must be something we can do to help!"

*Aroma's hand shoots to her phone when it rings.*

A"Thiera?!"

V"Uh, no, it's me, Ven. I just got off work & wanted to see what you 3 were doing. Is something wrong?"
===========================
*As promised, Ven walks over to punch out, digs out her cell phone, & then the above exchange happens.*
"Mom says that limits are just barriers that need to be broken to reach your full potential, & if you don't want me to get hurt, help me think of a safe way to help!"
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:14 am

June stifled a smirk at Artemis's use of her mom's words and turned to Amanda with a wide shrug, "Bless her, she won't be stopped. What's the worst that could happen?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:03 pm

*Amanda glares at June for a moment, running a hand through her hair*

<I'm not about to sit around as one of my best friends tries to go and get herself killed.>

*Looks back at Artemis*

<If your mom thinks that this "barrier" should be broken, why don't you call her and tell her what you're planning to do.>
===
*Eve waits around*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm

"I guess that's a good idea," June nodded. "I don't want Euryale to be mad at me for not telling her what you were doing after you've gone and got arrested or something."
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:08 am

Wraith: "I have no employer. While Deathstrike--"

Wraith licks his lips although the blood around his mouth is dry, so it probably just makes him look creepy.

Wraith: "Has had many."

Thiera's phone goes off, whether or not she notices, I don't know.

Taiyo: "You should let her know what's going on."

Outside, a Mutant Busters van goes by, heading in the direction Aroma and Eve came from. Someone's probably going to get shot.

Azuma watches recaps of the news story while cycling through old news archives on his phone, the word Patriots coming up often. One article even comes with a picture showing a number of people he never heard of as well as Inquiry.

I should cultivate a new image for myself. Something I hopefully won't snicker at.

He shifts in his seat, changing the channel which shows some kind of documentary on wolves.

I shall become a wolf.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:31 am

Th"No employer, you say? So I am to believe that you just encountered us on a random sewer walk? Keep an eye on him just in case his binding should fail. I will engineer chemicals with which to loosen his tongue momentarily."

*Before doing that, she reaches down with her left hand, tilting her phone just enough to read the message.*
==============================
A"Yes, Thi--Grapevine was attacked by some kind of assassin! She followed him into the sewers & hasn't been seen or heard from since!"

V"What? How long ago did this happen!?"
*She folds her arms, looking annoyed.*

"If you MUST know, I DID talk to her about this--she seemed to think it was all just a joke, or a phase that I'd grow out of. I'll have to prove myself to her with actions."

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Mon May 04, 2015 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:42 am

"Uh huh. Well, if it'll wipe that look off your face, I'll help you," June looked up as if for inspiration, tapping her chin with her index finger. "Bu~ut- you'll owe me forever. And be officially called 'Shoot Girl'."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:55 pm

*Amanda's face turns red as she looks at June*

<What the hell is wrong with you?! You're going to get each other killed or arrested.>

*She takes a deep breath*

<Look, if you don't go join this fight I swear I will play hero with you at night sometimes. Just don't get involved here!>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:22 pm

"C'mon, Amanda," June pointed at Artemis while addressing Amanda. "The real danger will probably be passed by the time we get ready and get there, but you know Artemis is going anyway. Let's just make sure nothing goes wrong?"
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:48 am

It's a picture of her mom's house from an unfamiliar number with the caption "What is Binah Psyche's life worth?"

Aroma's yelling like a mad woman alerts Kari as well as the parrot who shouts "Fuck!"

Kari: "Is everything okay, Taiyo?"

Taiyo: "Um...yeah."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 4:38 am

Ar"Why are you so insistent that I not get involved before we even see the scene?"
================================
L"Who is Binah Psyche?"

Th"...They must be threatening innocents as leverage against me. You may have to continue this search without me until I can get this matter under control. Hopefully, it will not come to that. A moment, please."

*She concentrates more than she ever has, picturing the plants in her home, trying to establish a link with them. Around her, vines & algae grow up the pipes, probing along the sewer system, trying to locate plants in the outside world, especially her home.*
================================
*Aroma checks the time on her phone.*

A"It's been about--2 hours. Oh, & I'm explaining to Ven about what's going on in town."

V"Who are you talking to?"

A"Kari, Taiyo's boss"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 6:01 pm

*Amanda turns to June*

<Even if that's true, the area will be swarming with cops. We'd just get arrested and that's the end of any of our plans for the future.>

*Looks at Artemis*

<There's obviously something big going on. You yourself said the Grapevine was in trouble. It's not the kind of thing to get yourself involved in it you aren't...you know...experienced. And...>

*Amanda pauses then meets Artemis's eyes*

<You - we - would just be in her way.>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Everything does hazy and eventually craps out because the Lightning Bolts team sent back to the scene has horrible timing.

The one Waller referred to as Soldier, two uniformed officers, Jammer, and another agent in a red turtle neck with a Lightning Bolts arm band, khakis, and a gun on his hip and thigh enter the scene the two mooks have their guns drawn.

Soldier: "Stand down."

==============================================

Kari: "Okay..."

She shuffles off to whatever she was doing before.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Th"Mr. Oreo can fill you in on Shoot-Man's whereabouts. Mighty Oaky, I need you to come with me to investigate this anonymous threat."

L"It's still Specter! It's not that hard to remember!"

*As her costume is unaffected, presumably Jammer only stops her from manipulating plants, & does not destroy plants that already exist. Therefore, Grapevine searches for the nearest manhole, planning to jump up to it with her springs. Specter follows, covering her, even though her shock absorbing plants should still work.*
V"I'll be there as soon as I can."

A"Thank you."

*Once Ven hangs up, she tries calling Thiera again.*

A"...She still isn't answering!"
*And so Ven hangs up & heads to a bus stop.*
"How would we get arrested when my entire technique is about scoping out a scene from afar? And how would we be in her way? I have smoke arrows, boxing glove arrows, Taser arrows, flashbomb arrows, net arrows, even zipline arrows."
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 7:43 pm

"She's kind of like Batman," June grinned childishly. "Can't we just surveill? Survey? Y'know, do surveillance?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptySat May 09, 2015 7:41 pm

*Amanda rolls her eyes at June, then shakes her head*

<Batman my ass. How much experience do you actually have using your bow in a fire? Especially against a powerful mutant? Before you go, "Well I need experience," I suggested we try something less dangerous first.>
===
*Mr. Sorenson comes to pick up Kylie. They head for home*
===
Eve:<Then I suppose we'll have to go checkout the scene.>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:36 pm

"Less dangerous like what?" June asked. "This is probably a rare time- knowing where to go. How would we find anything else? Unless you want us busting corner dealers and pimps, or something. In which case no thanks. That's not vigilante work."
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:07 am

The officers raise their weapons to fire, lowering them when Soldier says otherwise.

Soldier: "DC11937, what is this about being filled in by you?"

Cloud: "She tracked Deathstrike to this location--"

He points to the wall.

Cloud: "Might be some kind of entrance way."

Agent: "Been getting in some trouble lately, but this is the first time you've been so noisy about it. Still hurting over Subject DC11989?"

Cloud: "Shut your mouth."

Agent: "Or what?"

Cloud rips his jacket apart, a large knife concealed inside which he draws and positions himself to hurl it into Wraith.

Cloud: "I kill your only lead on Deathstrike's whereabouts."

Agent: "We have a location. We pop this wall off and--"

Wraith: "Kill us all. Beyond there is nothing but explosives rigged to go off should that door be opened at all from this side. The whole street will be a write off."

Presumably they make it back to the wall of debris with the tunnel Thiera dug in it.

Taiyo: "Maybe she has poor reception."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:08 am

L"Are you sure we should leave things like this?"

Th"I cannot do everything at once, especially not with my powers being blocked like this. As such, we can only hope that we can rely on them, or at least be able to find Shoot-Man later on. The protection of civilians must be prioritized."

L"...I'm sure that is all there is to it."

*In annoyance, Thiera blows her off by calling Aroma.*
*Just as Aroma is about to put her phone away, it rings. She clutches it to her ear with both hands.*

A"Hello!?"

Th"Greetings, Aromatic Grass. I just wanted to give you an update."

*Aroma sighs & relaxes.*

A"Yes...cover...right...."

Th"Listen--I'm very sorry that I worried you. But I was physically unable to answer until now. I believe I should invest in a hands-free headset."

*Aroma nods.*

A"Yes, that would be very good."

Th"I tracked down the assassin, but someone is threatening Binah Psyche, so I must travel to her address. It would help if you could scope out the scene, by computer if you are not close enough. Do not be spotted or engage with anyone. If you could contact her & make sure she is safe, that would be even better. But be careful what you say, in case your communication is being monitored."

A"O--okay. I'll do all of that."

Th"Good. Thank you. I will be exiting the sewers & continuing on my way shortly. In the meantime, is there anything else that you need to tell me?"
"Maybe if you would come to my competitions, you would know how well I can shoot moving targets under pressure, not that I intend to be getting into a fight, because bows are designed for distance sniping. Anyway, I am going to check out the scene, let come what may."

*She starts heading off.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:30 pm

<If would be a start. You gotta ease into the water...>

*Amanda says that as she checks something on her phone, and thus doesn't notice Artemis walking away rightaway*

<Hey, you get back here! I'm not done with you yet!>

*She runs after Artemis*
===
*Eve starts to attention when Aroma answers the phone*

<(Is it Thiera?!)>
===
*Kylie gets dropped off at home. She enters her room and tries to get Benjamen out, however he cowers in one of the corners*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:10 am

June kept pace with Artemis, putting her Ray-Bans back on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

War On Crime
Page 15 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: Manderlay-
Jump to: