Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death

Go down 
+4
Taegan
Seraph
Entranced
Neo Bahamut
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death Empty
PostSubject: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Scenario
200 years ago, a group of humans developed a way to focus spirit particles into weapons, firing powerful arrows of energy. This group used their powers to fight Hollows, forgotten spirits who lost their hearts & transformed into monsters. Because their powers destroyed Hollows, rather than purifying them, they destabalized the reincarnation cycle. Because of this, the Soul Society went to war with them. Now, Quincy have been almost entirely eradicated, with only a handful left in the entire human world.

In the present, Hollows are appearing more regularly throughout the world of the living. Of course, most humans can't even see what's causing the disasters taking place in their cities, let alone do they know why the Hollows are becoming more frequent. Soul Society didn't really take the problem seriously, until Gillian Menos, powerful "foot soldier" Hollows, started to show up. Afterwards, they sent operatives from all divisions to investigate the sites. The investigation is ongoing, but a strange pattern has been noted. Even in cases where Menos are involved, the attacks remain simple & straightforward: The Hollows appear only long enough to eat a few souls, avoid heavy confrontation, & disappear back into Hueco Mundo, the world of the Hollows. Enemy casualties, even from rank-&-file Hollows, remain low due to heavy usage of Negacion.

A few major breakthroughs have been made since the initial investigation began. Firstly, at least some of the attacks are from a previously unknown Quincy scientist who somehow infiltrated Hueco Mundo & began experimenting on Hollows. Secondly, Hueco Mundo has a King: Barragon Luisenbarg. He is said to be responsible for most of the attacks, although no one knows why. These pieces of information were declassified when the decision was made to prepare for a possible war with one or both of these forces, which seems more likely, now that the Quincy has been sighted in the Rukongai & the Soul Society has sent a small group to engage him in battle.

Clarification
1. Canon characters may appear as NPCs, which is sort of a redundant term, as I'd be controlling them. I'll try to keep them as true to form as possible, except for the fact that--
2. This is alternate continuity. Aizen & his cohorts are either not plotting treason or their plot will never be relevent during this RP's run. Similarly, Ichigo isn't really important to the story.
3. Whether the story focuses around the Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, or some area in the human world depends on the characters I get.
4. Custom Kido can be signed up as well, if you so choose. I need the name, the type, the number, the effect, & the chant.
5. Multiple characters are fine.

That's all I can think of. I'll add more if anyone has any more questions.

Background
The Soul Society is where Soul Reapers reside. Soul Reapers are a military group who wear black kimono uniforms & fight Hollows with Zanpakuto. Zanpakuto are swords with the power to purify Hollows & guide souls to their final resting place. Each has its own spirit, which the Soul Reaper can access in their inner world through meditation, & can be released to 2 separate stages, becoming weapons of unique form & power. Ordinarily, most Zanpakuto are sealed in the form of a katana.

They live in a city. An impenetrable wall & force-field separates the Seireitei (the royals) from the Rukongai (peasantry). Within the Seireitei dwell the nobles & most of the Soul Society's military might. Soul Reapers who aren't part of the Stealth Force or the Kido Corps are separated into 13 divisions, each with a Captain, Lieutenant, & Seated Officers. A King is said to reside in another realm, while the legislative & judicial powers belong to the Central 46, a group of 46 judges & sages.

Hollows are monstrous ghosts that eat souls. After eating so many, they feel compelled to feed on each other. When enough Hollows are consumed, they become Menoses. Gillians are usually towering beasts with a uniform appearance, while Adjuchas & Vasto Lordes are smaller, more powerful & diverse beasts.

Hollows can undergo a process called "Shinigamification," which gives them power similar to Soul Reapers. Typically, they become Arrancar, developing more human appearance, Zanpakuto, & the ability to release their true forms from the Zanpakuto in a "Resurrecion." Soul Reapers can undergo a similar process, Hollowfication. This usually manifests in putting on a Hollow Mask that enhances one's abilities for a time.

Soul Reapers & Hollows can use a variety of abilities. Shunpo & Sonido are abilities that they respectively use to travel much faster for a short space of time. Some Hollows can fire Ceros, which are a lot like energy blasts, & Bala, which are quicker but much less powerful. Soul Reapers can use Kido, which are magic spells with specific numbers, names, & incantations. Hado are destruction spells while Bakudo are binding spells.

That's as much detail as I can go into while still keeping this a general introduction. If anyone wants to know more, they'll have to use a Wiki or ask someone who is familiar with the series, such as myself.

Sign-Up
Name: First & last.
Age: Actual & apparent, where necessary. For instance, a Yamamoto looks about 80, but he's actually 2000, or so.
Appearance: What the character looks like, with a description &/or an image.
Type: Soul Reaper, Hollow, yadayada. Soul Reapers start with lieutenant-class abilities, while Hollows start as Arrancar evolved from Gillian or Adjuchas.
Bio: A short history of the character.
Abilities: A description of the character's skill in terms of spiritual pressure, Kido, speed, & swordsmanship. Please try not to make it maxed across the board.
Power: Simply put, the Zanpakuto. Put more complicatedly: Characters don't necessarily have to be Soul Reaper or Arrancar, but whatever it is, it follows the sealed-->initial-->final form format. So an Arrancar would have a Ressurrecion & a Segunda Etapa, a Soul Reaper would have a Shikai & a Bankai, & a human who had powers would have them manifest in some kind of 2-stage thing. For right now, characters only have the initial stage, & so coming up with the second stage is not necessary at this point, but you can if you want to. There will also be the option of Hollowfication or Shinigamification, which will be available soon.
Other: Other stuff to note...pretty self-explanatory.

My First Character
Name: Lilith Psyche.
Appearance: White skin, green eyes, flat as a board. Has long, red hair, which is drawn back into a single braid, save for her bangs. Shihaksho is slightly modified to have tighter sleeves & legs. Her Zanpakuto, worn at her side, is contained in a similarly black sheath, with a red hilt & a golden guard like a flower bud.
Type: Soul Reaper
Bio: Born to a lesser noble family 200 years ago, it was planned that she'd be married to a more prominent family, increasing the Psyche family's wealth & influence. However, when it turned out that she had enough talent to make it as a Soul Reaper, it was decided that she'd seek that influence from within the 13 Court Guard Squads, instead. At 150, she finally obtained Shikai, & was made the 4th Seat of Squad 13, a position she still occupies. However, she has only seen heavy action in the World of the Living recently, in investigating the upsurge in Hollows. She has met the Quincy scientist personally, & is currently intercepting his attempt to invade the Rukongai.
Abilities: Her strength is about average for her level, her spiritual pressure notably low. It's said that the 6th Seat has more than her. However, she makes up for this with greater speed & Kido, capable of using powerful Hado/Bakudo up to 50/60 without incantation, & outrunning the 4th Seat of the Stealth Force. Can go up about 10 more levels in Kido with full incantation.
Power: "Germinate, Yggdrasil." In its shikai state, her katana becomes flushed rose with silver etchings of flowers along the blade. The guard also opens up. Its ability, simply put, turns energy (such as from a deflected attack) into flower petals. Those petals can then be converted into another form of energy exactly once.
Other: Since I don't know shit about Japanese, I'll be naming my shit with mythological references.

Hollowfication: Faerie. The mask has a flat face with narrow eye openings & a wide grin of needle-like teeth. It forms 2 leaf-like projections which sweep down over her head on either side of her braid. The mask has dark pink marks forming "dripping" around the mouth & under the eyes. Also, partially covering her upper body is a series of vine-like structures, capable of minor shapeshifting. Most notably, they can grow 4 flower petal like wings for her, reminiscent of a dragonfly. Also has the ability to eat other Hollows to become more Hollow like. Needless to say, Lilith detests that ability & doesn't use it. Other than that, it behaves like a typical Visored mask.

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Entranced

Entranced

Quote : "Irrelevant deep bullshit that sounds cool"

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Name: Illiad Aeine
Appearance:
Illiad is six foot three, and towers above normal men, he looks like he just worked out for a few years and is only now showing himself to the world. He has pure white hair, that flows half way down his back. He wears a tattoo on his forearm that resembles a cobra eating a hawk, and another tattoo on his cheek that is a tear drop. He has one earring on his right ear that is a skull carved out of ivory, the skull holds a amethyst gem in between it's teeth. Illiad has a scar on his face going vertically from the top of his right eye down to the bottom of his right cheek. His eyes are a faded purple that define his entire character. As you look into his eyes you see all of the sorrow he has endured, and the loneliness. He has a hard set jaw, that looks as if it were chiseled out of stone. He is never caught smiling as there is nothing to smile about most of the time. He wears a Shihakusho, most of the time, however he also likes kimonos.

Bio:
Illiad started out as a boy growing up in the streets of Tokyo Japan, he was always tall for his age, and stronger than most people. Illiad's parents, were always abusing him, and so not very many people wanted to visit him. When he was eight years old his parents got in a car accident, and from then on his was left to live his life alone. Illiad went to school at and had a very lonely life, not many people wanted to talk to him. Either they were scared of him, or they just didn't like the way he looked. No matter what Illiad did, he couldn't seem to get any friends. Illiad was always getting into trouble, even if there was none, and no matter what he did, he would always get caught. People always looked down on Illiad, and they told him that he was never going to be successful. The girls in Illiad's class were always scared of him, because of his height, and physical strength. Illiad wasn't stupid, however he wasn't necessarily what you would call 'The sharpest tool in the shed.' Whenever Illiad would get into trouble he would always make up excuses, he would tell the teacher how someone made him do it. Or how he accidentally did something, but nobody would believe him.

At age twelve Illiad, got caught up in a fight at school, and someone pulled a knife at him, this was the last time Illiad would view the same world. Illiad died soon after being sent to the emergency room, nobody came, nobody visited at all. Illiad was buried in a cemetery near his house, nobody came to the funeral. Illiad wandered around as a spirit for awhile, until one day a man came up to him in a black robe, and sent him away to the soul society. This was the first lucky break Illiad had in all his life, he had died, and gone to a better place. Where maybe he could start over new, and change his life. Illiad was sent to North Rukongai District 55, where he would remain for several years. Illiad was taken in by a family Just south of District 56, they were very kind to him, and always marveled about his physical strength and how tall he was. Illiad had always marveled at the soul reapers, after the day that he got sent to North Rukongai. Illiad always wanted to be a soul reaper, and so one day he made up his mind, and joined the academy.

Illiad didn't really fit in with his class, but then again, not a lot of people did. Illiad sat next to a girl named Ayelle Myaires who he liked a lot. Illiad and Ayelle studied together a lot, but weren't very close. They both thought that the other was kind of weird, and so they kept their distance. Illiad studied as hard as he could, although Illiad wasn't very good at kidou, he excelled at speed, and strength. Illiad was probably the fastest runner in his class, he could run ten meters in under five seconds. Illiad trained every day, and studied as hard as he could. When it finally came to graduation, Illiad passed all of his classes, but barely got through half of them.

Abilities:
Moderately high Spirit Pressure.
Use of kido 30/40 no incantation
Use of kido 50/55 incantation
Combat Expert
Experienced in Hand-To-Hand combat
Elite Tactics
Moderate/Fast Speed

Power:

Illiad's Zanpakutō looks a little bit like a scimitar, it is curved slightly, with a curved notch in the side. However it is a slight variation of a katana. It has some engravings in it as well, it looks like a maze of carvings, that somewhat resembles a skull, with a dagger in it's teeth.

Shikai:
Torawarenai Ilyium (Defy Illyium) [Torawarenai anata no shūhen no subete no jihi o kou] [Defy all of your surroundings and beg for mercy]

Ability 1:
Shinin no yōna hama tomi [Deathly incarceration]

Description:
A white skull (Somewhat Transparent) Rises above Illiads head and allows him to paralyze his opponents and take control of their body for a short duration, the skull chips away until it turns to dust as a timer of when this ability will run out).

Ability 2:
Buraddibigā [Bloody Vigor]

Description:
Once blood is spilled onto Illiad's sword It infuses him with his opponents spiritual pressure, and allows him to gain speed and strength.

Other: I basically took this character from another RP, it wrote it so no worries there. However I can change the bio and what not if you would like, it is a little bit long. As I said though it was from another RP. I have to go soon, but I wanted to get this done, before I have to leave so...Yeah

Last edited by Entranced on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Edit: There are enough ways to counter a body control ability in Bleach, so I'm going to allow this.

An Arrancar character, so people know how that works. Since humans are basically "do whatever," I doubt (A) that people will go for them & (B) that they need an example.

Name: Senthose Rasheverek
Appearance: Has a slight build with shoulder-length silver hair. Irises are red with cat-like pupils. Skin is white. Like most Arrancar, he retains his Hollow hole, but for him, it remained in the center of his chest. Also like most Arrancar, some of his Mask remains. The remnants have shifted to form "tendrils" around the Hollow hole.
Type: Arrancar
Bio: Senthose was a massive, jellyfish-like Gillian lurking under the sands of Hueco Mundo when the Quincy arrived. The pair conspired to evolve him into the form he has now, for reasons unknown. He is one of a small group of Arrancar that works with & protects the scientist.
Abilities: An expert swordsman, not particularly fast, vast spiritual pressure, but poor control of it.
Power: "Transdifferentiate, Irukandji." In his Ressurrecion, his clothing becomes similar to that of a Gillian, robelike & ending in trailing black tendrils. This grants him the powers of: High Speed Regeneration, Extending tendrils, Poison, Lightning manipulation, & Infestation. The latter works like this: Any creature that willingly, knowing the consequences, puts on a Hollow mask generated by him becomes part of him. Ergo, he can control them at any time & can't be killed until they are. Can also revert to a younger form to avoid being mortally wounded.
Other: The Zanpakuto is a nodachi with a blue handle & a jet black blade. The guard resembles budding organisms while the pommel features an elaborate blue "ribbon" structure which often wraps around & grips his arm. He also carries 2 black ninjato for use when his Zanpakuto disappears during his Ressurrecion.

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm

75% of the time I play arrancar, so your assumption is at least partially false :U

will read more in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 pm

I said I didn't think people would go for humans. Which is actually the opposite of what I expected on the forum. Either way, I tend to expect Arrancar.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:54 pm

I added a ranking to my character, [3rd Squad 5th Seat]. I was going to add one more ability to my characters shikai, but I didn't want to over-do it so I held back a little.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I actually have no idea what to do for a Bankai for Lilith or a Segunda Etapa for Senthose, so that's a wise choice.

For the benefit of any non-Bleach-fans, if you're making a Soul Reaper character, most squads won't make a difference. 4 is chiefly medical, 2 contains the stealth division, & 12 contains the science department. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 pm

So as we progress we will get more powers right? So it would be kind of pointless to make a bankai atm? Or would it be good to have thought up ahead of time?

Just so you can be like: "Dude that's fucking sexy as fuck" : http://translate.google.com/translate_t?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=defy&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=ja&sa=X&ei=uehJTbyjM4_CsAOw8pS1Cg&ved=0CBcQrgYwAA#en|ja|

Read phonetically <----
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm

I still haven't figured out what Lilith's Bankai is. So they won't be usable until I do that. Right now, it's Shikai & Hollowfication, if you so choose.

What if someone has an Arrancar character, you ask?

I hadn't thought of that, is my answer.
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Name: Kite Braudel
Appearance: He stands at 5'8 with short messy darkish red hair and eyes of the same color. He wears the Reaper uniform as well as a yellow scarf that he wears around his neck cowboy-style.
Bio: Kite belonged to a high noble family, but rebelled and fled at the age of 15 due to conflicts with an uncle of his. Prior to his escape, he had once accidentally casted an energy shield when fencing with a friend. He was followed and brought to the Soul Society. Training in the academy, he began showing his true talent and took the 6th seat of the 2nd division at 90. He is a cheerful person, even though some times distracted. He is known for dozing off in the weirdest places, as well as for his somewhat childish personality at times.
Abilities: Kite isn't very physically strong, but is much more developed speed-wise. His spiritual pressure is somewhat low, which isn't exactly relevant as he depends on his melee skills a lot more than Kido. This doesn't mean he doesn't cast spells though, and he is actually very proficient in casting Bakudo. He relies on a very flash step-oriented fighting style, going for quick hits and avoiding direct combat as much as possible. He holds his Zanpakuto in a reverse grip.
Power: "Flare, Hephaestus." When in its Shikai form, his katana becomes a two-bladed silver boomerang with glowing red linings and a black hilt at the blades' intersection. It is almost twice as long as the regular katana and he uses it both as a thief sword and an actual boomerang, adding ranged attacks to his quick fighting style. It will return to his hand regardless of how much he's moved since hurling it, and he can order it to redirect itself towards any target once before it returns. This can be done before or after it turns back.
"Flare, Pyr Hephaestus." When in its Bankai form, the Zanpakuto becomes a pair of enhanced versions of the Shikai. Instead of a two-bladed boomerang, they become wind-and-fire wheels with arrow shaped blades and black handle. The blades are covered in small glowing red leaves. They spin at amazingly high speeds and he can control them through air at will, also being able to control fire to support the wheels and defend himself, usually in plant-inspired ways. He also uses them as close combat weapons.

Last edited by Taegan on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Okay, since I estimate that Golden Age: Ruin could be over before Sunday, depending on how busy everyone is, I'm going to wait to start the RP until it's over.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Name: Asagiri, Kujaku
Appearance:
Kujaku:
Kujaku is short, with the obvious out of the way we can move on. Kujaku is also slim but in an athletic and nimble way. He has beige skin that isn't too pale but he does have a very fair complexion. His hair is fairly unnatural for a shinigami being that it is ice blue and a vibrant shade at that. It is mostly medium length but it is longer in the front and covers his right eye. He keeps it clean and tidy but its often slick with sweat when he trains as is the rest of his body. His eyes are aqua colored and he holds a general watery theme to him self. He has no tattoos or anything of the like nor does he have any scars (though he should have one on his stomach where he was stabbed).

Type: Shinigami (10th Division)
Bio: Kujaku doesn't remember his past. Not much of it anyway; and not in the sense he remembers nothing from the human world. No, he remembers everything that happened to him and the lessons he learned from age ten onward. Any time before that is a complete blank to him and always has been. He was found by Tibetan monks on the snow covered slopes near their monastery. These were no ordinary monks however. They were the last of a great order of warriors who sought refuge in the mountains of Tibet. A dying breed, a fading light. Kujaku was taken into their world to learn their ways. He had no home, this would be his home for the next seven years.

It can be assumed that his time here was the cause for his current rigorous training methods. He'd train day in and day out here, not because he wanted to but because he was expected to. To grow strong, and grow strong he did. As the years passed he gained a few friends in the temple including the master. The master of the temple was like a father to him. Some grew jealous of Kujaku, including his best friend. It happened several days after his seventeenth birthday. His best friend challenged him to a duel with real swords. Kujaku could not refuse. The duel went under the master's watch to make sure it was fair. At first Kujaku looked like he'd win till his friend revealed he had been feigning his strength and in a single blow he stabbed Kujaku through the stomach and ended his life.

The trip to Soul Society happened moments later. A shinigami, himself a former student of the temple master. Had returned to the temple on a chance and witnessed the battle. When it was over he quickly konsoed Kujaku and sent him to the other side. Once there the shinigami shortly thereafter appeared and explained it all to Kujaku. As he too was a former student the shinigami, Bi'yun, said he would teach Kujaku as they were "Brothers". He was taken to his home in the 1st district of the Rukongai where he met Bi'yun's adopted sister Yuki. Yuki was in poor health and while Bi'Yuhn had a home in the first district he was dirt poor and received the home from the commodore of the gotei 13.

Over the next few years Bi'yun trained Kujaku until he was ready to enter the shinigami academy. There he found his place. Bi'yun trained Kujaku well in the arts of the sword before hand but no one could predict just how adept at zanjutsu he would become. Kujaku's zanjutsu teacher, in his mind, was a far cry in skill from Bi'yun and one day Kujaku simply challenged the man to a duel with shinai. The duel was over in literal seconds as Kujaku disarmed the man and put him on his ass. Bi'yun happened to be there, wearing both a shinigami uniform and a badge of the zero divsion? It was revealed then that Bi'yun was a member of the zero division and he would be taking over the class. The students learned much, Kujaku grew into a powerful swordsman of at least 8th seat level. He would only continue to grow during his academy days.

One day though, his graduation from the academy in fact, Bi'yun was not there. After the ceremony Kujaku went home to find Yuki in tears. Bi'yun had been killed in action. Yuki collapsed shortly after that and had to be rushed to the 4th division to receive immediate medical treatment. Treatment that Kujaku did not have the money for at the time but the commodore stepped in and paid for. Kujaku thanked the man but he said that he was being pressured to stop giving hand outs by C46, Kujaku would have to fend for himself after this. Kujaku did so as a performing sword artist. He made some money but he was a shinigami, he belonged in the gotei 13 especially after he unlocked his shikai. More years passed at Kujaku was deep in debt from Yuki's medical bills. Thats when he appeared. A man named Baku heard rumors of the legendary swordsman Kujaku he came to test his skill himself and while the ensuing fight was short lived he was impressed enough to enslave Kujaku through paying for Yuki's medical bills from now on. Baku was a member of the elite class of Soul Society. A member of one of the four noble households and while he was a shinigami of considerable power he choose not to join the gotei and instead serve his family. However he did use his position to get Kujaku a place within the gotei 13.

During all the decorum he hadn't had a chance to return home. When he did he found it empty and Baku was waiting. He told Kujaku he'd be living on his family's compound. He was happy to agree and for a time all was peaceful again. However something began to stir inside him. He didn't know what it was but it felt inherently wrong. Perhaps now those peaceful times are over?

Abilities: Due to his incredibly excessive training methods Kujaku has gained considerable speed with his sword swing. Indeed even his physical strength is much higher than one of his "Weight class" should be. He's no slouch in speed ether. Zanjutsu is also a proficient skill for him. As a result of training with swords 8x heavier (and increasing) than his zanpakutou his speed in swinging his blade is beyond the normal, that is his true strength. He can easily swing his blade 1.5x faster than your average shinigami. He also possesses a high degree of skill with shunpo but prefers to limit his use of it. He has no skill with kido.

Power: Hanaakari (The brilliance of cherry blossoms which illuminate the evening), released with the command, "Disappear into the ephemeral night", Hanaakari takes on it's shikai form. The blade is fairly large though easily wielded by Kujaku.

Zenhansha (Total Reflection): One of Hanaakari's two shikai abilities. With this ability Kujaku is able to bend light around his zanpakuto in a similar way to how water distorts images. To his opponents it becomes hard to discern exactly where his sword is, specifically Hanaakari's reach.

Senman no Rakka (Myriad of Falling Petals): Hanaakari's second ability allow it to release a multitude of light blades. They are crescent shaped and about a foot long but numerous in number. They fly at the opponent and while they can be dodged they also possess something of a boomerang effect. If they pass by something unimpeded they will travel for about five feet before arcing back then flying on a path adjacent to the one they originally took.

Other: His spirit.
Inner World there's a big ass ancient Japanese temple in there too but the picture gives the overall feel.

Personality
Calm like the lapping tide, furious like the storm, Kujaku is very much like the deep blue ocean. On the surface he appears to be calm, tranquil, even serene. However what lies beneath is the rage of a sea god, able to turn into a deadly Maelstrom when the need arises. The 10th divisioners learned early on that when they acquired Kujaku they acquired their hardest working and most dedicated member. Kujaku is a young man who dedicates himself wholly to the task at hand. There is no halfassing it with him. It is interesting to note that for someone who takes things seriously he doesn't react nearly as adversely to failure as one would think. He seems to take every loss as a lesson in learning how to better himself for next time. Kujaku is in possession of a great deal of honor.

Kujaku trains hard, works hard, and dedicates himself to the art of becoming a better swordsman. He trains relentlessly and without pause; through pain, through sickness, through sorrow, through anger, Kujaku trains whenever he as time, often without any sleep. He will push himself to the very brink of exhaustion till he passes out where he stands and finally gets some sleep only to continue training when he wakes up. He is that dedicated. He is also dedicated to the preservation of the soul and when he isn't training he's meditating and reflecting inward with his spirit in the effort to further their bond. Kujaku is dedicated to his family. Tending to Yuki was his full time job till Baku stepped and offered help. He can still be seen often at his home on the Kiragi compound grounds tending to her care.

Kujaku never gives up, never quits, and never lies to himself. In battle he will recognize need to retreat when his life is in danger but when it comes to everything else he will never say "This is too hard" or complain. He'll do it, with diligence, until he perfects it. He's also fairly straight and true when it comes to alcohol. He'll have a celebratory drink but doesn't drink for recreation because booze slows the senses, dilutes the mind, and dulls the blade.

Last edited by Seraph on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Since I'm new to your style of RP etc. Would you mind filling me in on some of the basics? And basically how you do things?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 pm

https://neon.rpg-board.net/t4-handy-dandy-tutorial

Approved, but I'd feel more comfortable if "commodore" Yamamoto was changed to someone like Ukitake or Kyoraku. He doesn't seem like the type to do handouts, to me.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 pm

we'll say Ukitake then.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
https://neon.rpg-board.net/t4-handy-dandy-tutorial

Approved, but I'd feel more comfortable if "commodore" Yamamoto was changed to someone like Ukitake or Kyoraku. He doesn't seem like the type to do handouts, to me.

I would have looked for it myself, but...I have been watching FMA all fucking day and night...So I felt compelled to ask you to link it. XD
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Quote : All is dust.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Okay, sounds good...

Character:

Name : Kira Isaan
Type : Shinigami
Weapon Description: 60 inch long Katana with black hild and an iron cross finger guard.
Abilities: Shunpo, Medium Level Kido, Expert of Swordsmanship
Forms : In Shikai, the blade and the hilt separate. The blade transforms into a javelin of dark purple light, and the hilt decomposes itself and spreads out around the left arm as a dark green shroud. On command the green shroud acts as a highly effective shield against kido attacks, and the javelin fires at an extremely high speed and is burning hot to the touch of anybody but the wielder.
The javelin not only burns and deforms flesh but cuts through it like warm butter. The shield has no effect against physical attacks, however completely blocks weak and moderate kido attacks.
No Bankai yet.
Release call: Pa-su Keibatsu, Tentei!
Character Description: Black hair, deep blue eyes, pale white skin, light build.

Bio: Kira Isaan died when he was 12 years old- he was hit by a speeding car. He spent 2 years wondering the Rukongai in search of the parents he had never met. He was often picked on by other children as he wondered through the districts, so he learnt to defend himself and would beat the bullies senseless.
One day on his miserable quest, he came across a Shinigami murdering somebody in a back alley street of a Rukongai district. He was killing a skinny woman who had children- the children tried to stop the Shinigami, so he was going to kill them as well. He would have succeeded if Kira Isaan had not attacked him.
After that, he went on with his miserable, never ending quest wearing a blood stained kimono of the Shinigami he killed back in that alley.
When his body had aged so that he looked 15, and he was really 25 years old, he decided that there were no parents for him in all of the Rukongai, and that he would be better to enter the Sereitei. The only way to get in there that he could see was to become a Shinigami.
He was put into the advanced class when he joined the Shinigami Academy, and proved himself a very skilled swordsman and a talented kido student. After graduation he was assigned to Squad 9 under Kaname Tousen.
After many assignments to the World of the Livings and sparring matches with other members of the Squad, he moved his way up the ranks to 3rd Seat.

Last edited by Loki on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Anything "official" insofar as we can BE official is stickied under General Discussion.

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:13 pm

You Should add some more things to this RP...Like in order for you to get bankai or learn other things you would have to do something...Maybe after writing so many words you get a certain amount of points?

Exampla #1:

I wrote 200 words as a reply on my 1st post
I wrote 313 words as a reply on my 2nd post
I want to improve my character and have it learn bankai

Requirement to have learn bankai 750 Words/Points etc.

That way nubs couldn't be all like...Dude this is my first post...."BANKAI!!!!!*&$Y(@!$Y(*$@Y" "You have killed player X by using bankai, congratufuckinlations"

I don't know, I need something more besides fuckin' just pretending to be a magical fairy. Then again maybe what I am suggesting, is a completely different type of Roleplay than you guys are used to...I call it imaginative exploration! What does this mean?

Exampla #2
Player 1
'Hey dude! Guess what?"

Player 2
'WHat?"

Player 1
"We should like add some stuff to this thing"

Player 2
"SRSLY DUDE?"

Player 1
"Fuck yeah, maybe some points?"

-Exploration-

Player 2
"SOME POINTS?!?! OK!"

=====It now takes 500 word count to learn bankai====

[IMPROVEMENT!]

Blah blah blah blah fuck you blah blah blah some shit blah blah blah Improvement! Blah
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Entranced wrote:
Exampla #1:

I wrote 200 words as a reply on my 1st post
I wrote 313 words as a reply on my 2nd post

This tells me I won't be reading your posts.

Entranced wrote:
That way nubs couldn't be all like...Dude this is my first post...."BANKAI!!!!!*&$Y(@!$Y(*$@Y" "You have killed player X by using bankai, congratufuckinlations"

No one does that. Unless you do.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

No one can use Bankai until I say they can, so that's not necessary. But that system does have potential.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I wasn't sure about the nub status on these forums...Some people like to go around saying 'Bankai!@@(*!@#*()Y$)' all the time XD.

Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm sure it does. Good luck getting anyone other than Boobies to post after you implement a 350 word requirement.
Back to top Go down
Entranced

Entranced

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:29 pm

It wouldn't be a requirement...It would be after you post so many words you get to do something, like upgrade your character etc.
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I got that. But not doing it would imply no character development skill-wise. I'm just saying, the kind of RPing we do here is quick and entertaining. I hate posting a lot, mostly because while in theory, we have a lot of free time, it usually isn't that easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death   Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleach: Defiance in the Face of Death
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next