Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Think of the Possibilities!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Think of the Possibilities! Empty
PostSubject: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 am

I'm adding this topic to detail features I'm--key word--considering adding to the RP. You may weigh in or propose things below.

Title: The main idea being presented.
Why: Why the Hell is this thing even being considered?
Details: A short description of how it might work.
Likelihood: 1 to 5 chance of it actually happening & why.

Title: Multiclassing
Why: It's been asked about on several occasions, & if the RP lasted long enough, I always planned for characters to learn new skills to supplement their base abilities.
Details: Most likely will take the form of a separate mini style with a max of 10-20 abilities, which anyone not actively signing up large amounts of abilities can make use of.
Likelihood: 4/5. Ability sign-ups have slowed significantly, leading me to believe people might actually be ready for this, & it seems easy enough to implement. Unless there's a huge resurgence, I'll probably implement this once the RP has settled a bit.

Title: Shopping
Why: An integral part of Kingdom Hearts that hasn't been used much up until this point.
Details: Characters will be given munny after major events, which they can use to purchase things, either through an inventory or by bartering.
Likelihood: 2/5. The munny is easy enough to implement, I have to regularly edit the info topic as-is, but I do not have time to create a shop list & there isn't a universal list on the Wiki or anything. Bartering is the only way it could conceivably work, but this would take up a lot of space in the RP. It could also really quickly get out of control, as it's hard enough to control a rigid shop so everyone doesn't become way overpowered.

Title: Other Summons
Why: The Kingdom Hearts series allows you to summon certain Disney characters to fight alongside, which I think would be neat, & they have some fun abilities.
Details: A character will be able to summon certain allies from other worlds to fight for them.
Likelihood: 1/5. The problem is there aren't many to go around, & they don't work well within the party system the RP uses. There's also the fact that I have literally no idea how the mechanics would work. They could just be added as guest party members, though the thing that sucks about that is they'd be restricted to certain events.

Title: Side-Missions
Why: I've been trying to make Glider modification more attainable for some time.
Details: Little things that can be done along the way, to obtain things like Gummi Blocks.
Likelihood: 2/5. Unfortunately, it's really hard to coordinate, especially to get people things they would actually find useful. But it's not impossible to toss a few things in here & there.

Title: Moogle Mail
Why: It's difficult to get to a Moogle Shop to send a message or buy something, especially since I have to remember to put them somewhere.
Details: Some manner of sending/receiving messages from the Moogles, possibly just using the already existing Keyblade Message spell.
Likelihood: 3/5. I'm not really completely sure about the fine details, but it seems easy enough to implement, & would significantly help in advancing the plot.

Title: Protecting against or curing death
Why: This is a huge problem for the balance of the RP, there are plenty of ways to CAUSE instant death, but no ways to actually deal with it, other than to just not get hit.
Details: I'm thinking it might require going to the Underworld & doing something special, but this has its own problem in that it can potentially derail entire plotlines...which is Olympus Coliseum in general, really. I am planning on making it easier to move to & from the Coliseum, so there's that.
Likelihood: 5/5. This will have to be implemented in some fashion, but it's difficult to have it be possible to cure death while avoiding Death is Cheap. A lot of RPs impose a cost on it, but with no currency function, that isn't viable.

More will be added as I think of them.

implemented:

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 am

New developments on the Dream Eater front:

I'm thinking Dream Eaters will be unlocked by defeating at least 1 of that type of Nightmare using the Keyblade's power. They will join a pool that anyone in the Order can summon, & multiples of a given Dream Eater can be summoned.

I'm not sure what penalty, if any, a dead Dream Eater will incur with this system. I would like to discourage constantly re-summoning them if enemies manage to defeat them, & don't know if having a portion of abilities sealed while they're active will be enough.

In the original game, you could Link with the spirits for different effects depending on the character: A Limit Break style of Link Attack for Sora, & a transformation called a Link Style for Riku. These will probably be available if your post is a multiple of 5 (single) or 10 (dual), & the character will likely get to choose whether they want to perform a Link Attack or Link Style. This will be for the duration of that post alone.

Current plan is to introduce them with Merlin.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 3:15 am

No one fuckin' asked about multiclassing and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

...You have mentioned Taiyo & Euryale learning abilities from each other on multiple occasions.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 pm

That ain't multiclassing, that's just incorporating let's say Earth into Taiyo primarily Water arsenal and Euryale incorporating...I don't know, things with Tiger in the name in her tigerless arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Learning abilities from another discipline=multiclassing.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! EmptyFri May 12, 2017 3:41 am

More Dick Eater Notes:

No idea how sealing abilities while Dream Eaters are active is going to work, since everyone formats the lists differently.
Maybe it'll be something like 20, 25% per Dream Eater, starting from the later ones (which are likely more powerful), & for those who split their lists into categories, it's a percentage of each category.
Might also make it so that it only takes effect if you have more than a certain amount of abilities, that way it doesn't massively favor characters with ridiculous numbers of abilities.
Say it was a 25% drop per Dream Eater, a character with 100 abilities could have 3 out & still 25 abilities to chose from, while one who started with 20 would be cut down to 5 with the same number.
Might ignore support abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think of the Possibilities!   Think of the Possibilities! Empty

Back to top Go down

Think of the Possibilities!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: Kingdom Hearts 2013-
Jump to: