Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kingdom Hearts 2013

Go down 
+2
Script-Z
Leafy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:27 am

Explosive Cut: I don't want to have to keep track of something for 2 in-universe minutes, or for that matter figure out what constitutes an in-universe minute.

Macabre Waltz: Sure, whatever.

Abyss Maw: Is he making the dark slashes, or are the dark slashes just sort of an after effect? How much faster is he than base?

Magicide: I know, but you had 2 abilities listed with Void element & I rarely bestow abilities outside the user's main style. Other than that, it's acceptable.

Dragon Shield: You know melted ice is called water, right?

Blood Beast: I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that it breaks guards AND drains, especially since it can be used quickly...I think, it's not like it's very clear on where the lion head is coming from.

Eye shit: I only give characters anatomy-related abilities when it makes sense they would have it. Safian's cat eye thing was accepted because it's commonly said that cats have hypnotic eyes. Irritum's poison spit was accepted because Irritum is a monster. I might be persuaded to make an exception if it at least fit with his style, like if he used a lot of magic then okay maybe he could shoot some magic eye beams or something.

Fiend Fusion: This just sounds like the same thing but with an extra word. Also, "angled" is pretty vague.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:41 am

You gotta keep track of and determine lengths of time for some of your own abilities, so.

Abyss Maw is literally "Gale Maw: A high speed lunge with either the Keyblade or Darkest Fears that cuts through an opponent, finishing with a series of wind slashes," with a few changes. And Vega can use it regardless of being under Auto-Haste.

Throwing an ice cube into an open flame isn't gonna extinguish it as opposed to dousing it with water. Unless it's like a big ice cube, but it's also moving.

Blood Beast: Creates an image of a red lion's head in front of himself to ram an enemy, inflicting heavy damage, knock it away and drain some of its health.

Considering his style involves hitting things as many times as possible, pulling another way to damage something to go with using the Keyblades and appendages is fitting.

Fiend Fusion: Creates a ring of forty-five degree angled stalagmites around himself and bestowing Haste.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:07 am

Quote :
You gotta keep track of and determine lengths of time for some of your own abilities, so.

Not for that long.

Quote :
Abyss Maw is literally "Gale Maw: A high speed lunge with either the Keyblade or Darkest Fears that cuts through an opponent, finishing with a series of wind slashes," with a few changes. And Vega can use it regardless of being under Auto-Haste.

It has generally been assumed that the aforementioned "wind slashes" are literally wind slashes, because that would make the most sense.

Quote :
Throwing an ice cube into an open flame isn't gonna extinguish it as opposed to dousing it with water. Unless it's like a big ice cube, but it's also moving.

There are some pretty big ice attacks, but I've had enough belaboring the point, I'm fine accepting those abilities.

Quote :
Blood Beast: Creates an image of a red lion's head in front of himself to ram an enemy, inflicting heavy damage, knock it away and drain some of its health.

If it doesn't even involve motions, that's definitely a no.

Quote :
Considering his style involves hitting things as many times as possible, pulling another way to damage something to go with using the Keyblades and appendages is fitting.

Considering Roatha's style is about really destructive attacks, obviously he should have a move that destroys anything it touches. Try again.

Quote :
Fiend Fusion: Creates a ring of forty-five degree angled stalagmites around himself and bestowing Haste.

Still not feelin' it.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 1:14 am

Quote :
Haste: Golden aura erupts from the Keyblade, enveloping the target & hastening it for 5 minutes.

So five minutes is now less than two minutes?

Even though darkness has been used in the same way.

Literally "Beast: Creates an image of a lions head to ram an enemy, inflicting heavy damage that may break its guard as well as knock it away," with a few words changed.

Good thing it ain't like that. Also considering how magic works here, it can be argued he does use a lot of magic. Not to mention actually implementing spells into his repertoire.

It leaves a couple openings. Especially from ranged attacks which aren't exactly his speciality.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 1:24 am

Quote :
So five minutes is now less than two minutes?

Fair point, though I've also been thinking of removing that, since I only added it due to misreading how Roatha's berserk state actually works.

Quote :
Even though darkness has been used in the same way.

Well, that's fine, then.

Quote :
Literally "Beast: Creates an image of a lions head to ram an enemy, inflicting heavy damage that may break its guard as well as knock it away," with a few words changed.

I inferred that the attack was coming from the Keyblade, since the vast majority of attacks are launched from the Keyblade. Also, this doesn't simultaneously drain health.

Quote :
Good thing it ain't like that. Also considering how magic works here, it can be argued he does use a lot of magic. Not to mention actually implementing spells into his repertoire.

He uses weapon assisted magic, as opposed to pure magic.

Quote :
It leaves a couple openings. Especially from ranged attacks which aren't exactly his speciality.

Yeah, but pretty much any time he wants he could just pop these spikes out in someone's face & also get Haste for his trouble if it's not already active. Which would in turn make him able to use the ability even faster. A 45 degree angle also doesn't really leave a lot of exposed parts, especially depending on how big the spikes are.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:27 am

So the time part would be irrelevant.

Except Beast when used by Vega is part of the sub-style that uses the Darkest Fears and not the Keyblade. And I removed the possibility of breaking guards from the most recent edit of the proposed ability.

Like I said, adding pure magic to his repertoire.

Acknowledge the length of the spikes and it'd at least leave the top half of his body exposed. Also likely to use it in someone's face as being in someone's face is his thing. As kind of demonstrated since his return with antagonizing Axel.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:54 am

This isn't what I meant by that you should post.

Quote :
So the time part would be irrelevant.

I mean, I still think it's going to be a train wreck, but go for it.

Quote :
Except Beast when used by Vega is part of the sub-style that uses the Darkest Fears and not the Keyblade. And I removed the possibility of breaking guards from the most recent edit of the proposed ability.

His fist then. Sure, why not?

Quote :
Like I said, adding pure magic to his repertoire.

I still don't think there's enough justification for such an ability.

Quote :
Acknowledge the length of the spikes and it'd at least leave the top half of his body exposed. Also likely to use it in someone's face as being in someone's face is his thing. As kind of demonstrated since his return with antagonizing Axel.

Eh...I still think there should be more of a trade off, or else there's no point in anyone having just a pure status spell.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 4:15 am

Aside from still fitting within his general style and armour breaking abilities being very common at this point.

There are plenty of examples of pure status spells with no trade off. Mostly from me.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 5:55 am

I'm not even sure which things you're talking about anymore.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:52 pm

Only two left, so.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 am

What does any of this have to do with armor breaking?
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Because one of the abilities is armour breaking?
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Azuma

Dawn Moon's Wave: Release a wave of black crescent moon shaped projectiles with a slash from the Keyblade, cutting into multiple enemies.

Crouching Wolf: Stabs into an enemy, ice spreading out to anchor the Keyblade into the target continuing into Wolf Tempest.

Wolf Tempest: Following Crouching Wolf, lifts the enemy up and essentially suplexes them, the ice from the Keyblade shattering and becoming a blizzard to further damage the enemy. Use is limited by the size of the enemy.

Tenebrae: Melts into the shadow of an enemy, taking control of it. The stronger the enemy, the shorter the controlling period is. Ineffective against bosses.

Hitomi

Firagun: A fireball drops on to a single target exploding into an eight foot wide dome.

Swing Fling: Takes flight, spinning the Keyblades like a propeller to enhance her speed, hitting an enemy multiple times.

Round Moon: Directs both Keyblades so they spin in a circle around an enemy or two while wreathed in moonfire, hitting multiple times.

Silver Moon: Creates a transparent shield around a target. The shield deflects non-solid projectiles while being broken by solid projectiles. When struck a close range, it shatters, damaging the attacker and surrounding foes.

Waveform: Much like Safian's Hunting Lioness although she blends with water as opposed to the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:24 am

Getsuga Tensho is accepted.

Crouching Wolf/Wolf Tempest: Ugh, whatever.

Tenebrae: As long as you know that any kind of "shadow melt" ability is presumed to take about as long as a Shadow-type Heartless of similar size to melt into the ground.
-----------------------------
Firagun: I'm not so sure this is sufficiently different from Firaga.

Swing Fling: ...Okay....

Round Moon: ...Alright....

Silver Moon: Against my better judgment, I'm going to give this the go-ahead.

Waveform: Every time you say "it's like X," I'm going to insist you describe it anyway. So do that.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 am

Firagun: Conjures several fireballs to shoot up beneath an enemy. Whatever fireballs miss during the first part, drop down for a second hit. Each one exploding to damage surrounding targets.

Waveform: Blends into a water source, becoming water. Unable to do anything but move or wait until emerging again.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:32 am

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 am

Taiyo

Wavesurfer: Conjure up a wave beneath the caster for increased mobility and knockback capabilities. Can create a large wave by gathering water from a local source allowing for being able to knockback larger enemies.

Burning Tiger Bomb: Conjures up a tiger of fire to pursue a target, immobilizing it and exploding upon catching it.

Xyukuse

Skull Sunder: A heavy downward slash from an airborne position that breaks shields and barriers.

Cauldron Dance: A series of kicks to stagger the target followed by slashes that fester and boil, inflicting poison.

Dual Shredder: A two-stage attack where on applicable terrain following each slash, the Keyblade is dragged across the ground to kick up a cloud of dust otherwise just follows through with an upward slash.

Stormrider: Creates a tornado around his lower body, increasing mobility as well as gaining minor knockback capabilities.

Dancing Dragon: A series of four kicks and slashes, with each kick followed up by a slash of an element the enemy is weak against that the user is capable of.

Sole Survivor: Marks a target and should it be defeated in battle, heal a number of wounds based on how strong the target was.

Windstepping: Haste and Float effect upon defeating an enemy for a period of time. The stronger the enemy, the longer the duration.

Irritum

Bloodspiller: A spinning attack with the Keyblade or Death Scythe, inflicting deep wounds in surrounding enemies.

Phantom Blast: Strikes an opponent twice, cutting into them then phases through them and strikes downward, bringing up a flurry of ghost-like creatures for additional damage.

Grave Worm: Sinks into the ground to either close the distance between the use and an enemy or pull the enemy into the ground, immobilizing them.

Unwilling Host: Fires a larvae into an enemy, inflicting Confusion. Should the infected attack something, its attack will inflict Confusion as the parasite spreads.

Parasitic Infestation: Manipulates the larvae implanted in an enemy by Parasite Raid via the Keyblade to damage the target by eating it from the inside out, making them grow. If successfully destroyed via this ability, the bugs act the same as those spawned by Bloodfly Swarm.

Bloodhound: Detect the scent of the living if they had recently been injured.

Thanatophobia: Attacks with the Death Scythe may cause Instant Death.

Vega

Shaolin Shadow Boxing

Cobra Clamp: Instead of dispelling Aqua Serpent upon a successful use, the serpent holds on to the target to prevent it from moving or to maintain a hold on a mobile enemy.

Azure Dragon Palm: A palm strike where the user's hand is surrounded by water. Upon contact the water can shift into Aqua Serpent or burst and push the target away.

Holmgang: Releases a chain from one of his hands to snare and pull a target in close or be used for climbing.

Wu-Tang Swordstyle

Storm's Path: Starts with a spinning slash and finishes with a heavy downward slash, mending some wounds if the final hit connects.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Taiyo

Wavesurfer: What's the drawback/weakness?

Burning Tiger Bomb: Accepted.

Xyukuse

Skull Sunder: He has enough air-to-ground attacks, I'm disinclined to accept another.

Cauldron Dance: Sure, why not?

Dual Shredder: Too similar to Slag Assault.

Stormrider: Same question as with Taiyo.

Dancing Dragon: Sure, why not?

Sole Survivor: Sure, why not?

Windstepping: This would be too complicated to keep track of with the number of fodder that die en masse.

Irritum

Bloodspiller: Too similar to Death Spiral.

Phantom Blast: Accepted.

Grave Worm: Hold on, is this a burrowing or a phasing move?

Unwilling Host: Accepted.

Parasitic Infestation: Accepted.

Bloodhound:Sure.

Thanatophobia: That's overpowered, it would mean a slight gash could be fatal, & there's presently no method to protect against/cure instant death.

Vega

Shaolin Shadow Boxing

Cobra Clamp: Sure.

Azure Dragon Palm: This is just Aqua Serpent with a pushing effect, which you could do by using Reaper's Toll.

Holmgang: Sure.

Wu-Tang Swordstyle

Storm's Path: Accepted.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 am

Wavesurfer: Conjure up a wave beneath the caster for increased mobility and knockback capabilities. Can create a large wave by gathering water from a local source allowing for being able to knockback larger enemies, but without the increased mobility.

Skull Sunder: You - "Sign up abilities that fit with the characters style." Also You - "Why are you signing up abilities that fit with the characters style?"

Dual Shredder: Blinding = throwing rocks?

Stormrider: Properties remain the same regardless of environment and offers less utility because of it.

Bloodspiller: The only similarities being they follow the same actions and Death Spiral is only usable with the Keyblade in one form.

Grave Worm: Would be the same regardless.

Thanatophobia: Beyond presently one person already having innate protection from it.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Skull Sunder: Abilities should be fitting, but still with plenty of variation.

Dual Shredder: It's like how Collision Magnet can be used to throw enemies, climb, or drag someone toward the user. Some things have different plausible uses.

Stormrider: That's not really a weakness, it's just a lack of getting stronger. I typically require there to be a way to disable these types of abilities. Ditto for Wavesurfer.

Bloodspiller: Too similar.

Grave Worm: No, it makes a big difference, because if it's a phasing move, it means he's invulnerable while doing it, & I think that's too much. Enemies with phasing moves, like the Neoshadows, have a delay so they can't just evade whenever they want, & they have to resurface in order to attack.

Thanatophobia: Great that 1 person can guard against instant death, whoever they are. If I ever come up with a way to deal with the death status, this might be viable. Until then, not so much.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 am

Dual Shredder: That's comparing throwing out a rope to smashing rocks which in turn is being compared to kicking up dust.

Wavesurfer/Stormrider: Nothing saying they can't be knocked down/off or immobilized. Riding a tidal wave? Freeze it. That's something that happens to water. Waste deep in a tornado? Knock him over, open a hole underneath.

Bloodspiller: By that logic, any ability that follows the same set of actions is too similar regardless of function.

Grave Worm: Except you're all "Any phasing ability must take so long it's impractical to use in almost any situation," so there is no difference.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Dual Shredder: The only difference between throwing up rocks & throwing up dust is an adjustment of the cut. Not all abilities are this flexible in what they can do, but some are. Of course, you'll have to describe what it is you're doing, not just say "Uses X ability," but you should be doing that anyway.

Wavesurfer/Stormrider: However, nothing says they can, that the water/wind wouldn't just follow them.

Bloodspiller: I have telling you since the beginning that you should be avoiding abilities which follow the same set of actions but have different effects.

Grave Worm: If it were a phasing-into-the-ground ability, I would require that it takes longer & can't be used to attack without exposing the user to counterattack.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 am

Dual Shredder: Slag Assault isn't even a cutting motion.

Wavesurfer/Stormrider: Other than that wouldn't make sense and be a hinder to the user like lying on your back with a snowboard strapped to your boots.

Bloodspiller: And every ability ever that amounts to "shoots something from the Keyblade?"

Grave Worm: And tunneling wouldn't take forever?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 am

Bloodspiller/Dual Shreder: My decision stands.

Wavesurfer/Stormrider: Why wouldn't it make sense? The descriptions only say that a thing pops up beneath knocking things back & increasing their mobility. Why would it be a hindrance to the user? Even if they get knocked down, they're still surrounded by this thing that allows them to get up faster & knock away anything that tries to attack them.

Grave Worm: Why would it? Euryale can do it pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Bloodspiller/Dual Shredder: Still makes no sense on top of being contradictory, but sure.

Wavesurfer/Stormrider: Not having full use of your legs allows you to get up faster? News to me. Also having shit strapped to your legs doesn't offer much in the way of movement unless you're practicing backspins.

Grave Worm: Quick phasing is overpowered, but digging a tunnel super quick is a-ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2013   Kingdom Hearts 2013 - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts 2013
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next