Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making A Comeback

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Making A Comeback - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 am

"I thought you were nodding at Astarte."
=================================
*They are taken to a court room where a man with slicked-back, black hair & glasses is representing them. The prosecuting attorney is a woman with greying hair drawn back in a ponytail. Both are wearing black suits with red ties. The standing Council files into the stands at the front of the room & Franz bangs his gavel.*

<The 3 of you are charged with vigilante assault & destruction of public property. How do you plead?>

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 am

"No, I was nodding at you," Mortal said, taking another bite.

--

"That is impossible because they left after we came back."

"Oh, that makes sense," Gabe said, "Should we head over too? Or would that just be too many people?"
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:57 am

Astarte sipped at her tea.

"Not guilty."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 am

<Are they at work?>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 am

*The prosecutor stands up & strides towards the table. The lawyers grimace at each other.*

Prosecutor<So what you're saying is that you DIDN'T attack anyone on the belief that they were Purists, & that this-->

*She shows him a series of photographs of the road damaged by Earthbending before handing them to Franz, who shares them with the Council.*

Prosecutor<--Wasn't you?>
"Euryale once told me that they don't work on weekends, so they should be off today and tomorrow."
"Oh, I see. Well, now that I think about it, we should be able to just call the station to ask. May I use your phone?"
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 am

"Of course," Astarte nodded.

"Firstly, the Purists- who we believed to be simple bouncers- initiated the attack," Hector said. "And secondly, I believe the Purists used explosives against us."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:31 am

<Oh. Then they could be out having some fun or something.>

*Tirea shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

"I suppose," Gabe said before frowning a bit, "No one keeps me in the loop."

--

Mortal finished off Euryale's pancakes while she went to go make the call.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 pm

*Euryale re-emerges a few minutes later.*

"Hector & some of his friends were arrested for suspected assault & property damage. They're on trial right now."
====================================
Prosecutor<There were explosives recovered, but they do not account for the damage.>
====================================
"So then what do we do?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 pm

<Think up revenge plans?>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

"Oh dear..." Astarte said, taking a last sip of her tea.

"I was forced to use Earthbending to protect from the explosives," Eduj said. "I plea guilty of that, but only in self defense. It was also necessary to use Earthbending to attempt to escape, as we were all Chi-Blocked and unable to move otherwise. We may be dead if not for that."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 am

"I guess that settles the criminal question," Mortal said.

--

"Revenge against who?" Gabe asked, a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 am

Defense<Precisely. Can you prove that my clients attacked first?>

Prosecutor<Attacked first? No. But we have evidence of Bending long after an escape route should have been cleared. In particular, if this man-->

*She gestures to Eduj.*

Prosecutor<...Really Earthbent in order to escape, he should have been able to do this at any time. In a better position to, in fact, for not being Chi-Blocked.>
============================
"What I understand is that he could be facing a little bit of jail time if they really nail him for the assault charge, but the evidence is sketchy, so they're probably looking at a fine at most. So what do you want us to do? Just tell him about what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:19 am

"My friends were incapacitated, separated from me, and I was unable to walk due to Chi-Blocking," Eduj said. "While the Purists pressed their attack, it was impossible to make a clean escape."

"Yeah..." Astarte said. "And if possible, I guess it would be right for him to attend the funeral..."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:51 am

<everyone who has wronged us.>

*Tirea stares down at her knees*

<Just kidding. We could go for a run or something.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 am

Gabe chuckled a bit awkwardly, then said, "I actually just came back from a run. That was how I met Keter, and met up with Ven." She leaned back in her chair and said, "I was gonna get some coffee like I usually do after my runs, but we decided to come back to eat. Wait, Astarte, of course, they probably went to see her."

--

"If that is the way you feel," Mortal said.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 am

"So should we go over there to see them? We might not otherwise get the chance, before tonight's game."
========================================
"I'll call back, tell someone to give him the message when it's over."
========================================
Prosecutor<So you would have us believe that the Purists immediately incapacitated you, despite the evidence of a prolonged struggle, & that this is what ultimately prevented you from escaping, although you eventually recovered them, while Chi Blocked, mind you, & escaped anyway? Presumably with the Purists still attacking you, as the officers who reported to the scene claim to have given chase to at least 2 suspects after they stopped you?>

*She looks to the audience as she finishes, as if to say, "Listen to THAT bullshit."*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 am

"Okay... thank you, very much," Astarte said.

"Yes," Eduj said without hesitation. "While my friends were quickly completely incapacitated, I was only Blocked from the waist downwards. It took all of my effort, energy and ability to ward off the attackers with limited mobility, and my original attempt to escape via tunnel was thwarted by explosives which caved me in."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 pm

*Tirea looks down*

<I guess.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Mortal took Euryale's plate to the kitchen.

--

"I'd call, but I don't have Astarte's number," Gabe said, "Oh, wait, maybe Roatha does. Uh, give me a sec, I'll go check." Gabe got up again and went to go knock on Roatha's door.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

*Also not there.*
Prosecutor<I remind the Council of the evidence of a prolonged fight.>
*Euryale heads off to use the phone again.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm

*Tirea sticks her head out the door*

<Not there ether?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Shock of shocks. Gabe looked over, and shook her head, "I think he might be there too." She walked back to her apartment, and said, "So, should we head over now?"

--

Mortal sits back down, liek a lady.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm

"That evidence likely came from my constant efforts to defend my friends while they were down and keep myself from being finished off," Eduj said. "Do you think those Purists just watched me try to get us out of there?"

Astarte continued staring pitifully at her empty teacup.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:51 am

*The Council deliberates for a few hours before returning. Franz stands up.*

Franz<The Prosecution has convinced us that there was a much longer fight than the defendants are implying. However, since we are unable to confirm how many combatants were on the scene, or the precise details of the fight, nor have we apprehended any suspects, we cannot say that it was not self-defense. It was a close vote, but...all charges dropped.>

*The Prosecutor rolls up her notes & throws them in frustration. The few people in the audience groan.*
==================================
E"Huh, Gabe, Tirea, & Ven are coming."

*Sure enough, there is a knock on the door.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making A Comeback   Making A Comeback - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making A Comeback
Page 7 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum