Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kisukeFan_4337

kisukeFan_4337

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 am

Well, I learned something here.
*waves farewell*

By the way: This place is beyond dead.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:02 am

No shit. Still has RPs though, so fuck it, why not stick around?
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:50 pm

While I agree with the assessment on Zidane (Badass then, badass now, badass forever), I don't think this is exactly a fair portrayal of Cloud. It comes off nitpicky, and boils down to the typical shit everyone who doesn't like anime complains about anyway. I don't even like Cloud all that much, but it does bother me that Cloud gets shit for being an emo bitch, and Squall is some kind of mysterious loner that everyone loves and Squall is the perfection of the brooding punk ass bitch.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I've actually heard a lot that Squall is an emo bitch. I don't know if it makes sense for him, but definitely not for Cloud. As I've said many times before, I don't think the people who complain about this shit really "got" FFVII. Ideal heroes they were not.

I especially like how being thin is a good thing "then," but not "now," & the "feminine shoulders" thing.

Never played FFIX, but Zidane is a cocky, annoying, stupid little shit in Dissidia, where the 2nd image is from. Not the worst character, but far from the best.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Dissidia doesn't do Zidane justice. I highly recommend IX due to the 'You're Not Alone' scene. In it we finally see that the mask of bravado is finally crumbling under the understandable weight of the events surrounding him, and that when he emerges on the other side his renewed confidence is one bolstered by his allies, and not simply cocksure arrogance.

Zidane is a character who falls a bit flat without his supporting cast, which, I think, speaks to the strength of the main cast in general. In Dissidia there is no analogous characters for him to bounce off of as in his home game, so it leaves him a bit flat. You see his uncertain nature once and then Cosmos floats in and he is all better. It was an incredible gloss over of something that is played up a bit more in his game to much better effect.

Even the Kuja/ Zidane relationship doesn't do him justice because, in IX, Kuja was much more interested in Garnet, and while there is a connection between Kuja and Zidane, it is once again strengthened by the supporting cast. It is kind of the same way Bartz/ Exdeath, and Squall/ Ultimecia don't really have outstanding interactions. They don't have the same adversarial, and personal ties that duos like Tidus and Jecht have.

This isn't to say that Zidane's entire character boils down to one defining moment, but I think it is important to realize his motivations, how they change, and how they are challenged throughout the course of his character arc.

Squall on the other hand is a just a brooding cockhead from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Quote :
Dissidia doesn't do Zidane justice.

Everyone says that about everyone, though. I rarely agree when it comes to the characters I know.

Quote :
and that when he emerges on the other side his renewed confidence is one bolstered by his allies, and not simply cocksure arrogance.

I don't know, that sounds like something I've seen a billion & 1 times over.

Quote :
It was an incredible gloss over of something that is played up a bit more in his game to much better effect.

Dissidia is not the place to look through for character development. The characters are all already at the end of their arcs. The point is to see them interact, & the references to original games.

Quote :
Even the Kuja/ Zidane relationship doesn't do him justice because, in IX, Kuja was much more interested in Garnet, and while there is a connection between Kuja and Zidane, it is once again strengthened by the supporting cast.

It's actually fairly rare in the main series that the villain is overly concerned with the main protagonist. I believe they used Sephiroth & Cloud as a template, because the rivalry aspect makes up a lot of the plot/gameplay.

Quote :
Squall on the other hand is a just a brooding cockhead from start to finish.

He was pretty rad in Dissidia & Kingdom Hearts.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

He is moderately less of a dick hole in those.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 am

"I'm a child soldier slowly going amnesiac. What reason do I have to be brooding?" ~Squall.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:25 am

He doesn't see battle until he is 18, the rest is glorified boot camp, so I think 'child soldier' is pushing it. That aside, he never really broods on the fact that he is a 'child soldier', and spends most of his time just bitching about nothing, he literally bitches about dreams he's had. In fact, I'd argue that for a large part of the game he WANTS to be exactly the merc that he is given how he never really hates on Seifer who is basically the embodiment of everything he is striving to be taken to the extreme.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 am

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 1150259_584727078249214_161284734_n
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Seen it.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Care not.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 1239036_202544803245762_731886285_n
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 am

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 7836_585260364862552_1850656528_n

Simba the Smartass.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:42 am

I want a contract with the Sun.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 am

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 1237080_567002030031649_1897580598_n

Not as good as the first one.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 am

Still pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:42 pm

I prefer the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 8d3c5b3c126b4f86bbdfa4810434aa9c
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 pm

The face is the best part.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Seen that like six times on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:56 pm

You did?! Fuck! My whole goal was to be original! That is why I randomly posted an image I didn't make here!

Might as well take it down.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 8fdd84d10f51f63016f43dc8bb4f49c1
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:04 am

Expected follow up:

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 78e1f3563c73c1da9e613b5fc5034d02
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.   Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attention. This is now officially a Spider-Man Thread. That is all.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next