Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:35 pm

She kept trying, becoming more and more distraught as she naturally failed.

Dalia grinned at the passing Senthose and then looked over at the prison, looking for signs of escaping Agni Kais.

Hector turned all of the ice to water and had it wrap around his arms, then Stefan moved to the door and lead the way out. Eduj went next, followed by Hector. They kept their backs to the wall and tried to slip out without direct confrontation.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 pm

*Tirea screams and grabs Gabe, sobbing. Monu stares, stony faced, at the corpse*

Monu:<We need to rescue Astarte.>
---
*Eve leans back in her bed*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Gabe puts her arms around Tirea, and allows her to grieve.

--

Noct chuckled inwardly, but shook her head, "No, I cannot, but I may be able to help cool superheated rocks caused by the explosion, or fires. She then looked at Ven, then back at the officer, "A sandbender should be able to funnel dust, and smaller debris out of the wreckage. If someone is alive down there it will give them cleaner air to breathe, and allow them to last longer."

--

Mortal saw Euryale fall and felt panic, and anger swell inside her. She pointed her fingers at the Purist leader and was about to pump more lightning into her than anyone could possibly handle, but when the smoke bomb dropped Mortal was unsure if she should fire, not wanting to miss and injure someone. After a second of hesitation she knew she lost her chance, and let out an aggravated scream before rushing over to where she thought Euryale would be, "Euryale! Are you alright?!"
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:48 pm

"I'm okay...whoever it was, they didn't get a clean shot. Wait here, & be careful."

*She can then hear one of her cables shoot up, grab hold of the roof of a nearby building, & retract. Euryale then shouts down from the rooftop.*

"The shooter & the girl are escaping! I don't see the Leader anywhere, but I don't think she'd stick around with these odds!"
====================================
<Believe it or not, I know what I am doing.>

<Kane, we found something over here!>

*The officer, now identified as Kane, heads over to where a group of police is examining a large hole in the ground.*

<An Earthending tunnel. Could be that the Chief escaped.>

Kane<Could be. Organize a search party to go in. And call an airship to take this mess somewhere else.>

*He gestures to the piles of rubble, which are quickly threatening to spill into the streets.*
*When no one was looking, Roatha had slipped out the back.*
*There are no signs, the police apparently keeping the riot contained in the prison.*

Confirmed Purist attack near the cafe mentioned earlier--a smoke bomb just went off, & there are reports of a shot being fired from a rooftop. Still no comment from police about what moves they will be taking.
===================================
*They manage to slip past the guards, who are busy fighting the combined force of Agni Kais & Purists, but are faced with the question of where to go next. There is no staircase down at this end of the block, & they are several stories from ground level.*
<She's starting to get annoying, can't we knock her out? Or at least lock her in a closet, or something?>

<I dunno...hey, I've got a great idea. Let's try putting her into a trance.>

<That is a good one...but what should we command her to do? Besides sit down & shut up, I mean. Steal for us? Kill her friends when they give us the information?>
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Mortal let out a sigh of relief when she realized Euryale was fine, and squashed the urge to climb up after her and pull her into a hug, "What direction are they heading in? Can I catch them?"

--

Noct smiled a bit, always appreciating it when someone made sure they were hard to kill. Still, that didn't stop the fact that she was realizing she had nothing to do here, and could be at home, reading a good book.

--

Gabe looked around and noticed the lack of Roatha, "Where is Roatha?" She let go of Tirea and looked around, "Dammit, I think he went after Mortal and Euryale. That kid is going to get himself killed." Gabe rushed out the front door and began to head for where she saw Mortal run, "Roatha!"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:10 pm

*Tirea drops to the ground, continuing to cry. Monu follows after Gabe*

Monu:<Damn it, we don't need another person shot.>
---
*Eve listen to the radio while making a list of things to do*

Call Father
Get Newspaper
Call Keter?
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Astarte rolled over to face away from them and shut up, but continued to try over and over again to miraculously Plantbend.

Dalia continued to watch the prison.

The trio turned and started heading back to the other end of the block, backs to the wall again.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm

*They are immediately spotted & a trio of Metalbenders turn, ducking behind their wall, & fire cables at them.*
==================================
*Euryale jumps down, gripping the wall of the building with Earthbending to slow her descent.*

"It's unlikely that we'll catch them. I think we should call it in, then go save Astarte."

*Hearing Gabe yelling, she steps out of the alleyway. Gabe can see that a clump of her hair has been sheared off, there is a moderate amount of dry blood running down around her eye, & a crossbow bolt has embedded itself into her shoulder pauldron, but Euryale seems unphased by any of this.*

"Gabby? What is it?"
*One of them grabs Astarte's shoulders from behind & forces her to sit up. From this vantage point, she sees another lighting a black candle.*
*Ven watches as cables with claws on the end descend from the belly of an airship to pick up debris, & flashlight-armed Metalbenders lower themselves into the tunnel.*

"Maybe we should look for Gabe & Tirea now?"
We are finally getting word on police movements. The bombing at Chief Beifong's home is already being investigated, & all available units have been ordered to report to the nearest suspected Purist attack. No new units are being sent out until the prison riots are under control. Now I think the remaining question is: What is the Council doing about any of this?
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Monu:<We can't find Roatha.>

*Inside, Tirea slightly calms down and looks around for the ransom note*
---
I'm sure the council is working to help, right?
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Astarte closed her eyes tightly.

Stefan moved to fire a counter attack, but Hector splashed water onto his hands and they were caught by the cables, "We aren't going to be able to fight our way out, we'll just increase our charges."

"Probably nothing," Dalia said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 pm

"Roa-- Oh no, are you alright, you need a doctor!" Gabe said, "I should go back and get the nurse!"

"Wait, what were you going to say?" Mortal asked.

Gabe stopped before she turned around, "Oh, right, Roatha, he is gone. I thought he ran off to come help you two!"

Mortal gritted her teeth, "Damn, did you see which way he went?"

Gabe shook her head.

--

"Agreed," Noct said, "I have a feeling they might be at the cafe that was attacked. That is the one Astarte works at."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 pm

"I'm fine, I just need to get cleaned up. But first things first. If he didn't come after us, he must have gone after Astarte."

*Euryale heads back to the cafe, where she finds the ransom note Tirea is looking for mysteriously spread out on the table. She smooths out some of the wrinkles, & peers at it.*

"It's the Foggy Swamp Cult. Same place as last time. Let's go."

*She heads back to the door, gesturing at Mortal to follow her.*

Tenzin<Do you still require my assistance?>
==============================
"Then...then we have to get there, right away!"

*Startled, Venezuela runs back to Noct's car.*
*One of the cultists puts his fingers over her top eyelids, holding her eyes open. The other dangles the candle in front of her on a vine, swinging it slowly back & forth.*
*Once they're tied up, the cables snap. Then, one of the cops swings his hand, causing the cables to pull them up, & anchor them near the top of the wall. The Metalbenders erect a second wall behind the rioters, then bring the roof down on them to pin them down. A pair stay behind to stand watch, while the rest climb over the trap, heading for the rioters escaping down the stairs.*
*A phone rings, & is picked up.*

<You're the Council Page? And what do you have to report? ...Tarrlok, Keter, & Franz are investigating the Council Building? Have they found anything? Alright, please call back when they do.>

*The announcer hangs up.*

<There is surprisingly little evidence of a Purist attack on City Hall. If it were not for the fact that the locks were picked, the Council Delegates might have dismissed the claim as a hoax. Still no word on the whereabouts of the rest of the Council.>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 pm

She tried to look down and not focus on the light at all.

The trio waited where they were.

"The prisoners aren't looking as lucky as I expected," Dalia said, still watching for escapees.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:17 am

Noct matches speed, though not enthusiasm. "I'm sure they're fine. If something would have happened to them they would have announced it over the radio," Noct said, hopping into the car and driving off towards the cafe.

--

Mortal took a step towards Euryale then looked over at Tenzin, "Please remain here so that you can give your account on what happened to the officer who will be here to handle the scene."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 am

Tenzin<With all due respect, I am an Airbending Master. I can't simply sit by while the city is in danger.>
=================================
"Not if they don't know. We hardly know anything about what's going on."
=================================
*The door bursts into flame & crumples apart as Roatha steps in & fireballs the 2 guys around Astarte in the head, knocking them out.*

"I was looking for the Purist Leader. But you'll do."

*Ice spikes burst out of the ground around Roatha, who quickly evaporates them with a swing of his hand. The trio of swampbenders then jerk their arms like they're swinging hammers, causing all of the water to rush at Roatha. He blows through it with a blast of lightning, stunning one, so the fourth slashes through Astarte's restraints with his hands. Nonetheless, Astarte's limbs feel heavy, & her head unclear.*

<Attack him!>
================================
Tips have suddenly gone quiet, & there's nothing about any arrests. If the streets have gone quiet, I think they got away.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 am

Astarte went to all-fours and took a deep breath, trying to clear her thoughts.

"Let's head back," Dalia said, and her father began driving them back home. They drove slow, and Dalia kept an eye out for anybody who looked like they had just escaped from prison.

Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:36 am

Noct had nothing to say to that, so just keeps on driving over.

--

Mortal looked from Tenzin to Euryale, wondering what she had to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 am

Monu:<I'm going too.>

*Tirea nods, having calmed down slightly*

Tirea:<They're plant benders too....>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm

"We don't have time to argue. We can't involve civilians in this. Mr. Tenzin, if you could please take everyone home on your flying bison...after that, I suppose you have the authority to do what you feel is best. We'll call to tell you all what happens."

*Noct's car parks in the middle of this argument.*
=====================================
*One of the swampbenders gives a sweeping kick, sending an arc of water at Roatha, which he jumps over. As the vines are now free, another swings them at him like whips, but is forced to back off when he raises his hands & emits a pulse of flame as a shield.*

<I said, "ATTACK HIM!">

*Almost without thinking, Astarte raises an arm, pulling her body sweat into an icicle in front of her.*

"...Gross."

*Roatha is taken completely by surprise when she nails him in the chest & he stumbles out the door & down the stairs. The other Swampbenders follow him, going through the door or smashing straight through the windows.*
=====================================
We've just received a message from city hall: The Purist attack was a robbery. The Purists took 4000 Yuans, as well as several documents, including; various financial records, maps of the city's underground, archived Bending Scrolls, & background profiles of the Council delegates. It is unknown whether or not they've stolen anything else, at this time.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:18 pm

*Tirea shakes her head*

<I'm not going home. Try and make me.>

Monu:<We're already involved. Though riding a flying bison would be cool.>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

"No, no, what's going on?" Astarte asked. "What the Hell am I doing?"

"Clever," Dalia remarked. "Though this is all bad news."
Her father grunted in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:32 am

"We have to listen to the police, Tirea," Gabe said, "They're the ones who know what to do best." She then looked up to see Noct stepping out of the car, "Noctis?"

"Oh, good, you're alright. Ven was very worried," Noct said, "Is everything alright here?"

"Not in the slightest," Mortal said.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:00 am

*Ven runs up & hugs Gabe, in a rare display of emotion.*

V"I got worried when I didn't hear from you, & then all of this happened...what's that?"

*She points at the large Healers carrying away a zipped up black bag.*

E"...We'll be back before you know it. C'mon, Mortal."

*Euryale heads for the car.*
================================
<It's not working right, she shouldn't be able to talk back.>

<It's good enough, just get him!>

*Roatha kicks out, spinning & launching flames from his feet, but the swampbenders are close enough to draw water up to block it. Just as soon as he stands up, a wave crashes over him, then he's dogpiled by swampbenders.*

<What should we do? Ransom him too, or throw him in with the catfishgators?>
The riot seems to be over. The prisoners have been forced back in their cells. However, several prisoners are unaccounted for, including some members from each of the Triads, including the Purists, the officers suspected of corruption, & Senthose, head of the Red Monsoons.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 am

Astarte probably just stood there, not in control of her actions.

"Thought so," Dalia said, and they arrived home.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 am

Mortal is right behind her.

--

Gabe hugged back, "I'm sorry, I should have called."

Noct was a bit shocked, but sounded reasonably stunned when she asked Tenzin, "Who was killed?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next