Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm

"Yea, lets get moving," Gabe said, quickly matching pace with Tirea.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 pm

"Unless you can drive, and have a car. Though I guess we could hail a taxi."
===================================
*She puts one of the skillets on the stove & retrieves some bacon from the fridge.*

"Okay. How would you like your eggs? And how well-cooked do you want your bacon?"

*She throws the bacon on the skillet.*
"Yeah, no one else has gotten here yet. Actually, I'm not even sure who you've told."
<2 Yuans, please.>
*Since I don't want them to just show up at the hospital from a position of still being several blocks away, but I have no idea what else to do with them, they pass a newspaper stand.*
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm

"I like my bacon loose and floppy," Noct imitates the motion by shaking a limp wristed hand, "And I'd like scrambled eggs please."

--

"...I forgot to tell people because I was too excited," Mortal admitted, "I'm sorry..."

--

Gabe continues right on passed it, liek a bawz.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

"I would be fine with either," Astarte replied, looking up and down the street to see if there was a taxi nearby. "Would you prefer a taxi? You aren't exactly in the best condition for a long walk."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

*She cracks some eggs into the skillet & begins beating them with a wisk. As she does so, she opens the oven, looking around in confusion before closing it.*
===============================
"I'm fine."

*He punctuates his point by setting off into a brisk walk.*
===============================
*Euryale frowns.*

"That's okay...so...do you know if anyone else is actually coming?"
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am

"Something you need help with?" Noct asked.

--

"I think Roatha is," Mortal said, "I'm not sure about anyone else." Mortal looked distressed, "I really am sorry, I was just distracted with my thoughts. It slipped my mind entirely."
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:06 am

Astarte followed him, trying to match his pace, "That is good, then."

Hector and Eduj were allowed out of the bathroom when Astarte and Roatha left the front door. Their clothes had been washed and dried, except for the over coats which had been ripped and blood stained.
"Thanks for looking after us, uncle Sid," Hector said as he and Eduj cleaned up the bedding they had used in the lounge. "We'll be heading out pretty soon, and I don't know when we'll catch up again."
"Whatever, take care of yourselves and all that," Sidon said from the other side of the room. "Just don't tell anyone you were here, nobody can know I was sheltering gang members."
"Fine."

Dalia stopped and looked at some of the headlines.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 am

"How do I light this?"
================================
*Headlines include "Triad Heads to Go on Trial," "Missing Child," "Crime on the Rise," "Dragons Spread Their Wings," & "Council vs Monsoons." The pictures are of Senthose being hauled off by the police while smiling & waving at the cameraman, the Pro-Bending Arena, & the Council Delegates Tarrlok, Keter, Franz, Tenzin, and the Air Acolyte posing behind a group of tied-up thugs.*
"It's okay, Mortal. Really. We don't really know much of anyone else, do we? There's Gabby, of course."
*As they walk, they happen upon a bus stop. An apelike man with university clothing & large sideburns is standing on a soapbox with the megaphone. Also there, sitting on a bench, is a man in a brown suit reading a newspaper; a teenage girl with badly dyed red hair in an orange tube dress with matching handbag enraptured by the speaker, & an elderly woman in a purple dress with a purse, a cane, & a large white sunhat that they can't tell is awake or not.*

Protestor<The Bending Regime is trying to silence me! They chased me out of the park with threats of charges. Said I was "disturbing the peace." What is this peace that they don't want disturbed? Their stranglehold on this city? Is that truth too loud for them? Have you ever noticed that the Chief of Police has never been a non-Bender?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 am

"Yea, Gabe will most likely show up if she knows you're here," Mortal said. "And, um, maybe the other's from the picnic?" Mortal gave a bit of a shrug.

--

Noct explains how to work an oven.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 am

"What an idiot," Astarte said, casting an irritated glance at the speaker. "I don't think Benders should ever be allowed to abuse their power, but people like that are just... annoying."

Hector and Eduj made their way to the door, and with a word or two of goodbye, left the house. Once on the street they would hail a taxi, or go to a place where it would be possible to do so.

Dalia purchased a newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 am

*A yellow Satomobile with TAXI written on the side stops. The driver, a burly, hairy man in a wife-beater, rolls down the window.*

<Where to?>
=================================
*Assuming she gives it a cursory overview, the first story is about Voland's & Senthose's upcoming trial. The second is about a 12-year-old boy who went missing in the park early this morning. The third is regarding the changes that the Dancing Dragons have made to their Pro-Bending team. The last one is about how various Council Delegates assisted in the arrest of the Red Monsoons.*
==================================
*And so Ven starts heating bacon & eggs.*

"Isn't it odd that they haven't called about the team meeting yet?"
"Oh, here we go--"

*The protester points the megaphone at them.*

<I'm sorry, is the truth about Non-Bender oppression annoying to you? I suppose you're both Benders, right?>
"How is Roatha, anyway? Did he get Healed after that fight? Does anyone even know if he's okay?"
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 am

"We should just keep walking, right?" Astarte looked to Roatha.

Hector gave an address about five minutes walk from the base of the Triple Threats.

Dalia looked back to the image of Senthose and frowned slightly, thinking he looked far too cheerful for a man about to be put away.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:40 am

"I don't know them, so I can't say what is odd, and what isn't," Noctis said. "Either way, it gives me time to work up a written draft of our contract."

--

"He is fine, as far as I know," Mortal said, "You'll get a chance to ask him yourself when he gets here."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 am

"I guess we might as well."

<No answer? I should have figured! That's right, just run away!>
*A look of horror dons on Euryale's face.*

"Oh no...I completely forgot to tell you...."
"What's a contract?"
*Should Dalia look up at a clock, she'll see that it's now 11:30.*
*He frowns.*

<Are you sure you wanna go there, Buddy?>
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 am

Astarte kept walking, seeming a little distressed at being yelled at. She watched the ground as she walked.

"I'm quite sure," Hector said, opening the door for Eduj to get in first.

Dalia began making her way to her interview, burning up the newspaper as she walked and checking her makeup in a palm-sized mirror which she held in her other hand.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:29 am

*Eve pays her, then heads out, drinking her tea*
---
*Monu starts heading to the cafe*
---
*Tirea smiles as she runs beside Gabe*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Mortal becomes alert, and slightly alarmed, "What is it? What is wrong?"

--

"A contract is a formal agreement that has the strength of law. Should one side not live up to their end of the contract they may be fined, or sued," Noct explained, "Basically, it is a way to keep everyone honest, and make sure they do what they said they would do."

--

Gabrea makes it to the hospital? Maybe? Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm

*They do, in fact, arrive at the hospital. Once they go in, a brown-haired receptionist with a bob asks them what they need.*
====================================
*Ven scratches her head.*

"And you...don't believe that they are honest?"

*She then takes note that the bacon is starting to crisp, & retrieves a plate to put some of it on.*
*Dalia arrives at Future Industries Factory with newspaper ashes all over her legs.*
*Monu arrives at the cafe, taking note of the 2 weirdos outside of it getting a cab.*

Driver<I'm just saying, that area is crawling with Purists. But, if you say so....>
=====================================
*As they round the corner, they can faintly hear the teenager booing them, & the Protestor asking something about if there are any other Benders who want to challenge him. Roatha turns back while speaking.*

"Speaking of the park, I think that we should cut through it, and...since you're a Waterbender, do you think you can get us across the channel without using...a...bridge...is something wrong?"
"You...do know about Roatha, right?"
*When Eve heads out into the street, she notices some cleaners in blue jumpsuits & hats nearby, squeegeeing ashes off of some alley walls with long-handled squeegees, buckets of soapy water sitting beside them.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm

"No, I'm fine... I just don't like being a public spectacle, and I get kind of easily... flustered," Astarte waved a hand and forced a smile. "I could get us across pretty easily."

Hector followed Eduj into the taxi and closed the door, "It should be fine if we mind our own business."

Dalia brushed off the ashes and found a receptionist.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Mortal looked at Thiera, horrified, "Is something wrong with her memory?" She then looked back, "Of course I know about Roatha. He is our friend."

--

"I believe they are entirely honest," Noct said, "This is just insurance."

--

"We're here to visit our friend, Euryale," Gabe said.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

*Tirea nods in agreement*
---
*Monu raises his eyebrows*

The two from before?

*He enters the cafe*
---
*Eve stops and stares for a moment*
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 pm

"No, that's not what I meant."

*Euryale stops explaining, as a receptionist leads Gabe & Tirea into the room.*
*They keep doing what they're doing, ignoring Eve.*
<Suit yourself. This trip will be worth 15 Yuans. You pay up front.>
<You're here for the interview, right?>
*They pass through the gates, into the park, & over the bridge that runs over the river.*

"That's good, I'd really like to avoid the eastern part of the city."
*Ven is confused, but serves Noctis her breakfast nonetheless.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Astarte nodded in agreement.

Hector paid the driver.

"Yes, I am."
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

"Hello, Gabe, and, uh, Thiera-- Tirea!" Mortal shook her head, "Sorry. It is nice to see you."

"Yeah," Gabe said, a bit embarrassed on Tirea's behalf, "Tirea was worried, and wanted to make sure Euryale was alright. Speaking of, you look well, Euryale."

"Yeah, wait, what were you talking about with Roatha?"

--

"Are you confused about something," Noct said, taking the plate, "Thank you, Ven."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

V"This 'contract' thing still isn't making much sense to me."
"Hi, Gabby! Tirea. I'm doing fine, but they still won't let me take off this sling for another week."

*She turns to Mortal.*

"Huh? Oh, uh, I'll tell you later."
*The taxi takes off down the street.*

<So, what do you think about this Red Monsoon Trial?>
<Alright, I can do that right here.>

*She pulls a clipboard & a pen out of a drawer.*

<So, Dalia, why do you want to work for Sato Industries?>
*As they walk deeper into the park, it gets colder. They start to pass a small grove of trees, one of which shows signs of being struck by lightning, when a fog drifts out of it.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next