Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon: Bitter Memories

Go down 
+3
Azena
HarleyThomas
Neo Bahamut
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Digimon: Bitter Memories Empty
PostSubject: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:20 am

Story

Most people believe that the success of the television programs Digimon Adventure & Digimon Adventure 02 inspired the Digimon video/cardgame, which could either be played separately, or by using cards in the videogame to modify the Digimon character. But this is only half-true. Digimon started as a 1980’s college project to create artificial “life” inside of computers. The concept was later retooled by the company that made the games, while the TV series were made to generate interest in the product.

Because the project was kept secret, most did not associate the monster attacks & electrical disasters of the early 21st century with something so innocuous as Digimon, but that is what they were, invaders from the Digital World. What came next, the monstrous “D-Reaper” that devastated the town of Shinjuku, was not a Digimon.

The D-Reaper was developed in response to early computer viruses. Its purpose was to delete virtual “organisms” that evolved to threaten the network. Ironically, the D-Reaper itself came to fit this description, when it evolved to a state that could travel between worlds & create hostile programs, yet still retained  a 1970’s image of how much data should exist in the internet…and any other world it came to.

In 2001, 12 years ago, the D-Reaper awakened, attacked the worlds, & was ultimately reverted back to its original, harmless state, no more complex than a calculator. It was then sucked through a wormhole back to the Digital World.

This incident exposed Hypnos to the world. The formerly secret government agency is tasked with preventing digital “Wild One” monsters from doing damage in the real world, & sending them back to their own, though these attacks are rarer than they were before the advent of the D-Reaper, & are generally the result of the Wild Ones becoming lost & confused.

Occasionally, a Wild One will form a spontaneous partnership with a young person. Hypnos observes these individuals, taking steps to stop them if they become a threat. Another path the partners can take is to join Hypnos as employees.

Those who have partner Digimon tend to know these things.

The D-Power

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a device that works in symbiosis with a human-Digimon team. The primary function of the D-Power is to allow the "Tamer" to swipe a card from the game through the device, temporarily giving the partner Digimon extra attacks or effects.

The D-Power also has numerous other support functions. It is linked with the partner Digimon’s field of vision, allowing the screen to display what the Digimon sees, & even analyze other Digimon it observes. It also possesses a radar system. This system displays a generalized image of obstacles, but specifically identifies Digimon as blue (linked to a D-Power) or green (wild) arrows. Digimon who are attacking or being attacked gain a red aura around their arrows. This system also contains a built-in compass.

The D-Powers can also generate a limited amount of energy in the form of a beam. This can be used to heal the Digimon, or as a weak attack/restraint.

Finally, the D-Power also has a few relatively mundane functions. It can communicate with other electronic devices (including D-Powers) wirelessly or through a data port & can display date/time.

Digivolution

Digivolution is the process by which a Digimon gains power & changes form. The method most Digimon use is to defeat enemy Digimon & absorb their data. This destroys the enemy Digimon (otherwise slain Digimon are reborn as Digi-Eggs with no memory) & increases the existing Digimon’s power. The drawback is that it requires exponentially more data to Digivolve to higher levels.

Another method is to find a partner and use Digi-Modification. The relatively common Digivolution card can Digivolve a Digimon all the way to Champion level. However, in order to Digivolve to Ultimate through this method, the partners must find the much rarer Matrix Digivolution Card, which actually isn’t a card at all, but an algorithm written specifically to allow this process. The circumstances for Digivolving to Mega are not yet well-understood.  

A final type of Digivolution exists. Dubbed “Dark Digivolution,” it occurs when a Tamer forces the Digimon to Digivolve through unsavory means. Digimon who undergo this Digivolution become very powerful, but also violent & dangerous. Hence why it is considered “dark.”
Digimon can freely change between any levels they have acquired. Higher levels require more energy to keep the Digimon healthy, while lower levels decrease the Digimon’s cognition as well as their power & size. Rookie is usually considered the happy medium. Obviously, Digivolving back into a Dark Digimon is frowned upon, & generally considered a bad idea.

It is rumored that there may be other types of Digivolution.

Digi-Modification

As explained previously, Digi-Modification is the process by which Digimon are temporarily granted new abilities, in the form of swiping cards.

Digi-Modify cards function the same way as your stereotypical item. They can be searched for, or randomly dropped, but you cannot use ones that you don’t have. Unlike items, once possessed, Digi-Modify cards can be used as many times as desired without being “used up.” Also, they cannot be purchased, because the game was discontinued 2 years ago.

It is important to keep in mind that, despite their quasi-mystical effects, Dig-Modify cards are nothing more than slim strips of cardboard with bar codes written on them, so they must be taken care of. If they are damaged or destroyed, they will cease functioning.

More specific effects will be covered in the list:

Spoiler:

Starter Pack

All characters start with the following:
Partner Digimon up to Rookie Form
D-Power
2 non-Digivolution Digi-Modify cards

The Sign-Up

Human
Name: First & last.
Appearance: Physical features, clothing, etc.
Personal Items: Particularly ones that can be expected to offer an edge, such as a lock-picking kit, or a hunting knife.
Bio: The story of the character’s life, how they came to know their partner, & what they are doing now. Note that, however the character gets there--born there, vacation, etc.--the story starts in Tokyo.
Other: Any other information.

Digimon
ID: Agumon, Veemon, Patamon, Guilmon, etc.
Digivolution Line: Infant->Training->Rookie->Champion->Ultimate->Mega
Bio: The story of the Digimon’s life, how they came to know their partner, & what they are doing now.
Other: Any other information.

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 am

I want Arkadimon!
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:45 pm

It has my interest, I might go with my usual Gabumon or change it up.

And before you make a comment about my posting, I didn't have access this week, I'm getting on it right now.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:50 pm

GOOD! I WAS HERE, FUCKIN' WAITING FOR YOU TO POST!
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah...I all ready saw that you weren't. or at least didn't post in anything.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Quote :
And before you make a comment about my posting, I didn't have access this week, I'm getting on it right now.

It's probably for the best. Congratulations on not being arrested.

I'm not sure yet whom I am going to use. I really liked the Euryale/Black Agumon dynamic from Harley's RP, but I feel that she's been in an awful lot of RPs lately.

Quote :
I want Arkadimon!

I probably won't approve. And even if I do, it won't be any different from your average Digimon.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 pm

That makes me angry.

Oh well, that just leaves hundreds of other options.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

The Wiki article says something about it being a synthetic Digimon. I don't plan on allowing anyone to sign up with Gizumon either.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Who cares about Gizumon?
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
I feel that she's been in an awful lot of RPs lately.

Well, she is one of your better characters.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 pm

I am insulted on the behalf of my other characters.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh no, whatever will I do now that I've incurred Malkuth's scorn?
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Definitely in. Not sure what digimon I'll use yet.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:40 pm

In if Neo allows it. He has me on a tight leash for joining rps afterall.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Just the ones he starts.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Wish he'd keep me on a leash.[/homoeroticism]
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 am

shit. The digimon I want doesn't have mega D:
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Churned out a character like a fuckin' boss.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Well, here's my crack at it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Quote :
Nope, unless you want D-Power colors.

You can supply them if you want, I don't really care.

Quote :
Personal Items: A satchel with a wallet, cell phone, and a small laptop.

Hadn't really thought about listing a cell phone. Debating whether or not I should make Euryale technologically ignorant.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 am

Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am

Absolutely not. Never again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon: Bitter Memories   Digimon: Bitter Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon: Bitter Memories
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next