Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours

Go down 
+2
Script-Z
Neo Bahamut
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Leafy

Leafy

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Tirea:<9 sounds about right. Where's this coffee shop?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm

"It is near Yue Bay, close to my apartment complex," Gabe explained, "You can't miss it."
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Tirea:<Ok, I know about where that is. So, see you both at 9?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Gabe smiled, "Alright then. I'll see you two later. It was great meeting you guys. I'm sure we're gonna have a great season."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 am

Tirea:<It was awesome meeting you too. I know we'll do great!>
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Syn: "Ditto."

*Syn nods.*

-------------------------------

*Marcus tosses a bomb towards the metal benders and races for the same alleyway.*
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 pm

*The metalbender stops the bomb in midair, but of course, it explodes right in front of him. That affords Marcus just enough time to get to the alley. They sneak into a stairwell, which is bolted shut after them. At this point, Marcus is offered a mat to sleep on, & told that he will have to stay there while Vanessa & the Purist Leader discuss the mission & decide what to do with him. The next day, one of the Purists inside the room, a tall, muscular man with thick sideburns, a redecing hairline, cameo pants, & a thick green vest informs him that they are still deliberating. The other Purist is about as tall, but thinner & more androgynous, dressed like Vanessa.*
====================================
*The rest of the time Mortal spends searching, she doesn't find anything. Ultimately, they drive back to the station, drop the perpetrators off, & deliver a quickly hashed-out report to the Investigation Department. When they get home, Euryale bids Mortal good-night & heads to bed pretty much immediately. She is still asleep.*
=====================================
*Astarte is already up & in the cafe. It still isn't very busy, but her parents hope that customers will increase as they get closer to lunch hour. The clock will tell her that it is 9 AM. If she works this time often, she will probably expect to see Gabe.*
=====================================
*As the Earthbending instructor said that they started at 9 AM, Monu should be at, or near, the school soon. Only one kid, about 10 with black hair & a loose brown t-shirt is there. To occupy his time, he stacks regulation Pro-Bending discs while the instructor sets up a target & a net.*
======================================
*Eve is doing whatever she planned to do at 9 AM on a Saturday.*
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:31 pm

*Tirea stands outside the cafe*

Tirea:[I wonder if this is the place. man, if not I'm going to be so late.]
---
*As it's her day to relax, Eve decides to head to the park*
---
*Monu is just now arriving*

Monu:<Sorry, I know I'm a bit late. I had a hard time sleeping last night.>

Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 pm

*Marcus stands up and stretches.*

Marcus: "Any idea how it's going?"

----------------------------------------------

*Syn runs up to the cafe and sees Tirea.*

Syn: "Oh thank you, I couldn't remember where she said it was, thought I wasn't going to make it."
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:15 pm

<Well, Timmy here more than picked up the slack. Speaking of slack, get the other end of this net, & secure it to that post behind you, would you?>
===========================================
*The park is a nice place, a little larger than the total land occupied by City Hall. Enclosed by iron gates, it's mostly open grass, but with a few cobbled paths, which occasionally arch over a little stream that runs through it. A few trees & bushes are scattered sporadically around the park, usually with a bench nearby. Something that might be less nice is a man with serious gorilla sideburns in academic robes with a megaphone standing on a soapbox.*

<Bending equals oppression! Did you know the Council is All-Benders? For nearly 20 years?! Vote for change! No Benders on the Council!>
===========================================
Burlyman<The Leader doesn't waver in her decisions. I don't know what could be taking her so long.>

Androgyny<Did something unusual happen out there?>

*The androgynous one has a soft, quiet voice in contrast to the burlyman's deep, rough tone.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 pm

*Monu nods and does just that*
---
*Eve signs*

Eve:[ Great, just great. Another weirdo yelling at the top of his lungs. Is he a professor?]

*Eve heads over to get a closer look*
---
Tirea:<I thought I was lost for sure. Glad I found it after all.>

*Tirea smiles in welcome*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:07 am

Astarte was once again seated on a stool behind the counter, reading a book. She did remain aware, however, of any customers in the store.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:03 am

Mortal had met with Gabe earlier to drop off the replacement jump rope, and was currently fiddling about in her fridge for something to drink, but it looked like all they had was milk. She decided she would go out on a grocery run soon, but not before she made herself some [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--

Gabe, after a morning workout, had jogged down to the coffee shop and saw her two teammates. She frowned slightly as she approached, "Good morning. I hope I didn't keep you two waiting for too long." She peeked through the storefront to see if Astarte was in, and found her behind the counter. Gabe gave her a small wave before looking back at her teammates, "I usually go for a run, then come back here to get something to drink. Should we get going now?"

--

Noct woke up unceremoniously, took care of her morning routine, and lazed about for a while, wondering if she should go into the office, or relax at home for the remainder of the day.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:22 am

*As time ticks on, a few more kids begin to arrive, mostly about the same age, & either portly, short, or both. At the instructor's behest, they each choose a disc, set it on the ground, & go about trying to levitate it with only concentration & foot movements. Mostly, the discs just flop around.*

<These kids ain't ready for target practice. I wonder if there's something else we can have 'em do.>
==========================================
*Euryale is still sleeping. It would seem as though she shut off her alarm the night before. A slamming noise next door indicates that Roatha is leaving his apartment.*
*He points the megaphone at her.*

<Will you be voting to reject all of the delegates, until they finally send non-benders?!>
*Noctis's phone rings.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 am

Astarte spotted Gabe through the window at the edge of her vision and looked up, returning the wave before looking back down at her book.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:25 am

As the steak is cooking Mortal heads towards the front door and opens it, poking her head out into the hall. "Hey, Roatha!" Mortal called out with a smile, "Do me a favor. Could you stop by the grocery store and pick up some juice? All we have is milk." She handed him a few yuans.

--

Noct let out a small yawn before heading over to the phone. "This is Noctis Talea speaking. Who is this, and how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:31 am

*Roatha turns when his name is called. He then grins sheepishly, taking the money.*

"Sure. Uhh...what kind?"
========================================
*Noctis is greeted by the somewhat high-pitched tones of Marie, her secretary.*

<I'm sorry to bother you, Ms. Talea, but there's a man here who's being charged with running a Cactus Juice Cartel. He insists on talking directly to you.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 am

"Orange would be great," Mortal widened her smile, "And thanks, Roatha. You're so sweet."

--

"What is his name?" Noct asked.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 am

<Taka, ma'am.>
====================================
*Roatha scratches the back of his head.*

"Well...thanks, I think that...you're...uh, I'll be right back with juice."

*Quickly turning red, Roatha spins on his heel & sets off. He also quickly realizes that he probably shouldn't have agreed to this, & needs to find a place to pick up juice close by.*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 am

"Taka... Never heard of him. What does he want with me?" Noct continued.

--

"Thanks again, Roatha," Mortal called after him, with a smile. She then poked back into the house, and flipped her steak, humming a little song.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 am

*Roatha spies the cafe near his apartment, which he's seen a few times, but never gone into. It's less than half as far as heading into the marketplace, so he heads on in, looking around for orange juice cartons.*
======================================
*Euryale emerges from her bedroom, rubbing her head. Her hair is now entirely out of its bob, with one side slightly frizzy & sticking up. She is wearing a white undershirt & shorts.*
=======================================
<He says he's "in your club.">
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 am

"Can I help you?" Astarte asked, looking up at Roatha and smiling slightly as he entered the cafe.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:43 am

*Monu shrugs*

Monu:<Not sure.>
---
Eve:<I'll be voting for the best qualified person, regardless of whether or not they are benders.>
---
Tirea:<Sounds good to me.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Noct let out a sigh, "Figures... Don't know why he'd need me personally. I'll be there soon."

--

"Good morning," Mortal said, "I'm making steak and eggs. I could make you some too, or pancakes, if you want."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm

"Thanks. I'll just have some eggs."

*Euryale heads for the toaster.*
=============================
<Okay. Have a nice day, Ms. Talea. See you soon.>

*She waits for Noctis to say whatever, & then hang up.*
=============================
*Roatha turns around.*

"Uhh...yes, I'm looking for...do you sell cartons of juice? Orange juice? It looks like I'm supposed to buy...."

*He counts the Yuans in his hand.*

"Two."
=======================================
<Benders cover for the Triad leaders! They take valuable jobs from non-benders, & give them to other benders!>

*At this point, a small group of people gather around to listen. The protester pulls a paper out of his pocket & reads off of it.*

<The delegates known so far are Keter Aurora, a Firebending soldier; Tarrlok, from the northern water tribe; and Tenzin of Air Bender Island. Noctis Talea has also been nominated.>

*He crumples up the paper & tosses it in a trash-can.*

<In other words, our choices, besides the existing, incompetent council, are all oppressive benders. Tarrlok has pledged to make it legal to search the homes of "suspected Purists" without a warrant! Noctis has defended the worst bending criminals since Yakone! Keter's whole career is built on lobbing fireballs at people! And Tenzin? The Air Nomads aren't even a real nation!>

*A couple in a carriage passing nearby bid the driver to stop. Some kids playing near the river also stop playing.*

<So do you want the old council, or the new ones? Neither, unless you're an oppressive bender yourself! Who's with me?!>

*The people gathered begin cheering as the protester leads them in a chant of "Bending. Equals. Oppression."*
=========================================
<Well, I guess I'll go inside to look for something. See if there's anything you can help them with, would you?>

*He does just that.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours   Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Triads, Try-Outs, & Tours
Page 5 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: [LoK] Republic City Renaissance-
Jump to: