Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bleach Anime Preview

Go down 
+8
Taegan
WolfSmasher
Grim Fandango
Seraph
Neo Bahamut
HarleyThomas
Potterwatcher1997
Script-Z
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Potterwatcher1997

Potterwatcher1997

Quote : I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
This is quickly getting up there with "Masaki has superpowers" in the list of things I wish people would stop saying. It doesn't even make sense.

It makes so much sense it's a fuckin' cliché. Seems like every other series I get into, it's always, "Oh, no, new bad guys are über-powerful, guess it's time to call in that psycho murderer from last season to help us out." Silence of the Lambs, for instance. Need I list more examples?

Tsuki was exactly like Aizen, only less badass and minus the Superman curl.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Quote :
It makes so much sense it's a fuckin' cliché.

Cliches don't have to make sense. This plan revolves around releasing someone who was perfectly capable of bringing the Soul Society to its knees on his own & just hoping he'll help you. Even though he hated you to begin with & has every reason to hold a grudge now. He might work with the enemy, he might play both sides, he might just opt to escape and do nothing at all, then come mop up whomever's left.

No part of the plan makes any sense at all, in spite of frequent insistence to the contrary.

Similarly, a lot of fans want Masaki to turn out to have superpowers, & this sort of thing has happened before, but a lot of fans are retarded, a lot of writers are hacks, & it would completely derail her character.

Quote :
Tsuki was exactly like Aizen, only less badass and minus the Superman curl.

There was a world of difference. Aizen defeats 12 Captains, Tsuki can't beat one, Aizen has dozens of back-up plans, Tsuki has none, Aizen is the mastermind behind his operation, Tsuki is not, Aizen disposes of minions when they've already lost, Tsuki disposes of them before they've even entered the fight.

Like I said, Aizen is a much more competent planner. And it shows.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 am

Neo Bahamut wrote:
Similarly, a lot of fans want Masaki to turn out to have superpowers

Are you telling me my fucking crack theory caught on?!
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Potterwatcher1997

Potterwatcher1997

Quote : I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Quote :
Cliches don't have to make sense. This plan revolves around releasing someone who was perfectly capable of bringing the Soul Society to its knees on his own & just hoping he'll help you. Even though he hated you to begin with & has every reason to hold a grudge now. He might work with the enemy, he might play both sides, he might just opt to escape and do nothing at all, then come mop up whomever's left.

No part of the plan makes any sense at all, in spite of frequent insistence to the contrary.

Many intelligent, well-thought-out pieces of literature have used this trope. X-Men 2. The government dude tries to take out all of the mutants, so they call back Magneeto to lend a hand. It's the same with Bleach. When their entire race faces extinction, sending out the guy who can manipulate minds is going to seem like a better idea each second.

Sure, Aizen can choose to run away, but he wouldn't, because he's in just as much danger as the rest of the Shinigami.

Quote :
(1) He might work with the enemy, (2) he might play both sides, (3) he might just opt to escape and do nothing at all, then come mop up whomever's left.

(1) and (2) No matter how powerful Aizen is, he's still the enemy to the Quincies and I don't see them allowing him to join up with them. But, say he does manage to convince Hairy Quincy Boss Lord to free him, there's hardly a chance he'll be able to use his powers on the rest of the Quincy army. Judging by the amount of intel they had about Ichigo, I'd say they're pretty well informed, meaning they're going to take countermeasures to make sure that Aizen can't hypnotize anyone.

(3) Even if he manages to survive the war by hiding out, the Spirit World is going to be inhabited by Quincies. He'd basically have to live in isolation the rest of his life so as not to get caught again, which would be no better than the situation he's in now.

Genuinely helping Soul Society out would be the obvious choice to Aizen--if they won the war, Soul Society would have to credit him somehow for saving them. Maybe they'd reduce his sentence.

So, let's go over his options. He could:
a) Agree to fight for Soul Society, save his race, and possibly reduce his prison sentence.
b) Escape and hide in solitude for the rest of his life
c) Attempt to aid the Quincies and end up being killed on the spot/taken prisoner/used, then killed on the spot.

It's pretty easy to select the favorable outcome.

Quote :
Similarly, a lot of fans want Masaki to turn out to have superpowers, & this sort of thing has happened before, but a lot of fans are retarded, a lot of writers are hacks, & it would completely derail her character.

Masaki having superpowers doesn't make sense because we hardly know anything about her. Unlike Isshin, she wasn't a supporting character, thus just saying "Oh, yeah, Ichigo's dead mom has superpowers," would be completely irrelevant and useless.

Quote :
There was a world of difference. Aizen defeats 12 Captains, Tsuki can't beat one, Aizen has dozens of back-up plans, Tsuki has none, Aizen is the mastermind behind his operation, Tsuki is not, Aizen disposes of minions when they've already lost, Tsuki disposes of them before they've even entered the fight.

Like I said, Aizen is a much more competent planner. And it shows.

Aizen's much more skilled, fitting into the "more badass" portion. You can't deny that they're similar in personality, though.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Quote :
Are you telling me my fucking crack theory caught on?!

No one's saying she IS the Soul King, to my knowledge, but a lot of people are claiming that she's related to the Soul King, in the Royal Guard, or a Quincy.

Quote :
Sure, Aizen can choose to run away, but he wouldn't, because he's in just as much danger as the rest of the Shinigami.'

That makes it smarter for him to go into hiding. Or at least not fight on the front lines. If it's going to come down to a fight to the death, it's better to let the Soul Society get its ass kicked, then Aizen stands a better chance of defeating whomever is left & surviving.

Quote :
It's pretty easy to select the favorable outcome.

Except that those outcomes are rather bogus assumptions. Suppose they do give him a reduced sentence, his sentence is 20 thousand years. Any reduction would be negligible, because he'd still have to serve out thousands of years. Meanwhile, if Soul Society gets destroyed, he doesn't have to do shit.

And that isn't the only assumption. If the books are canon, Aizen doesn't really seem to care about his sentence. Last we saw him, he had no Zanpakuto, and who knows about the rest of his powers? He may not even be ABLE to fight.

Quote :
Masaki having superpowers doesn't make sense because we hardly know anything about her. Unlike Isshin, she wasn't a supporting character, thus just saying "Oh, yeah, Ichigo's dead mom has superpowers," would be completely irrelevant and useless.

As you said earlier, "It makes sense because it's cliche." Just because it's a really retarded idea, it hasn't stopped people from using it in the past.

It is exactly the situation that happened in Naruto shortly before I stopped reading it.

Quote :
Aizen's much more skilled, fitting into the "more badass" portion. You can't deny that they're similar in personality, though.

Similar=/=the same. Barragan and Aizen are similar in that they are powerful warlords with aspirations of godhood. In many other respects, they are completely different.

It's not just a matter of skill, their very decisions are different, which reflects in the different results they achieve.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 am

Neo Bahamut wrote:
No one's saying she IS the Soul King, to my knowledge, but a lot of people are claiming that she's related to the Soul King, in the Royal Guard, or a Quincy.

Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 Closeenough
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Dude, they've been saying that since, like, forever.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

SINCE I STARTED IT!
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 pm

AND AIZEN LIKES FIRE!
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

No, before that.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm

NO!
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 am

It was the Isshin in the Hueco Mundo with the Getsuga Tensho!

So, last night I was thinking, & I've come to the conclusion that there are really only 5 characters who could have killed Kirpe. Listed from most to least probable:

1. Grimmjow
2. Isshin
3. Love
4. Halibel
5. Aizen

Everyone else is either tied up in a fight, too weak to do the deed, dead, or doesn't use the right weapon.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:07 am

My bet is on ether Grimmjow or Neliel (Adult Nel). I believe its the Grimmkitty though.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 am

Forgot to account for Nel. I didn't see her with Orihime. And this attack DID conveniently happen right when Ichigo was locked in a Garganta.

I'd say I would fit her in as Numero Dos.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 am

That's more or less the general consensus. Its ether Grimmkitty or Goattits.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 am

I try to ignore forums talking about Bleach because every time I look to see what people are saying I get stupid, bitching, or stupid bitching.

And woe betide you, should you opt not to post in .hack.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 am

I've been slightly busy. I'm posting now before I go crash for the night.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:54 am

How did Aizen make that list? He is locked up in hell.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:13 am

Not Hell.

Like I said, the whole list is characters who are physically possible. We haven't seen Aizen in forever. Pretty much anything could have potentially happened to him. However, we HAVE seen that everyone who is officially part of Soul Society is tied up right now.

It was only when moving from possibility to probability that I factored in extenuating circumstances. Which is why Aizen is dead last--while he's more likely to be capable of killing Kirpe than virtually anyone else on that list, the last we saw, he was locked up in a disturbingly gimplike binding Kido with no Zanpakuto. It takes the most retconning, short of crossing over into absurdity by bringing someone back to life or giving Uryu a Zanpakuto, to get him onto the scene.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 pm

We didn't find out yet but Byakuya just bit the dust so Kubo is serious.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

No he didn't. I'm still iffy on Kira being dead, do you think I'm going to believe Byakuya is dead while he is still standing in the last frame?

That said, Zombie Rukia was horrific.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes. Yes it was. That whole chapter was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:04 pm

I wouldn't say that. It was, however, far too short for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:56 pm

no terrible in nightmare fuel inducing.

As Nodt is creepy.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Nodt? When did they say his name?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach Anime Preview   Bleach Anime Preview - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleach Anime Preview
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next