Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Which We Rage About Filler

Go down 
+3
PK Mongoose
HarleyThomas
Neo Bahamut
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

In Which We Rage About Filler Empty
PostSubject: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 pm

BM proves he still does not understand the concept of filler:

Quote :
If you want to be current on the fillers.. Lets use Gotei 13 Invasion Army for an example. I don't know about anyone else, but I am interested in the history behind the mod souls, and where they actually came from and so on.

That's not what you're getting. You're getting a throwaway plot that is likely going to be contradicted completely if Kubo ever actually gets around to this in the actual story.

Quote :
Here we see a fragile mined Nozomi who didn't want to get close to anyone. Many thought that she was highly annoying, and I guess thats ok since she wasn't the most aggressive one in the pack. I found it very interesting how a mod soul was able to established a zanpaktou and actually obtained a shikai as a result. Is it possible that a mod soul can also establish the use of bankai?!?!?!?

It's NOT possible. That's not what a mod soul IS. To quote their introduction: "A mod soul is a modified soul that has been inserted into a corpse. Once in a body, one aspect of that body's physiology becomes enhanced to super-human levels." This whole "making mod souls that absorb Soul Reaper powers" is something entirely different, there's a good body of evidence that it wouldn't work that way, & it's just going to be forgotten after this "arc."

It's just a cheap excuse to justify having the Captains fight each other to keep the Fan Dumb occupied while they animate the FullBring arc.

Quote :
It just enlightens me to want to see the the true Nemu form, and to figure out why she has that same red necklace that we saw when Rukia was in prison in the SS arc. Theirs gotta be a story behind it, and maybe Mayuri is sealing off most of her powers for a reason?

Yes, he's still harping on this. Even though it was shown that there was clear differences between the 2. Surely, it can't be a mere fashion accessory, there has to be some deeper (read: more retarded) meaning to it.

Quote :
Also the filler didnt drag ass as much as the fullbring arc had... and to bring back the bount... their form of power was so much more interesting to see then the fullbrings.

Do these terms even mean anything?
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 pm

I like how damn near every active thread in this section is just bitching about the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:36 pm

But you can join in this one, because it's also about shitty filler.
Back to top Go down
PK Mongoose

PK Mongoose

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

You know what's got good filler? GinTama.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

HarleyThomas wrote:
I like how damn near every active thread in this section is just bitching about the same thing.

Neo's hate is vaster than his ego. It cannot be contained by one thread alone.
Back to top Go down
kisukeFan_4337

kisukeFan_4337

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 am

PK Mongoose wrote:
You know what's got good filler? GinTama.
GinTama rules. As does Bleach.

And what am I supposed to say after reading the first post, Neo, "you're right" or something? It's always the same story, isn't it?
And every thread here is pretty much just bitching about BM, just to repeat what Harley said.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm

BM, being stupid!?
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
kisukeFan_4337

kisukeFan_4337

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, I was going to say, "Well, BM is a stupid jerk-fag, what did you expect from him?" or something as my first post in this thread, but I'll use it now...

Well, BM is a stupid jerk-fag, what did you expect from him?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Maybe the problem is that you guys aren't familiar with the Gotei 13 Invasion Army Arc.

There's plenty of other bad filler out there. Like the entire season of Naruto that's nothing but flashbacks.

BM's post was really just a framing device.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Speaking of BM, he says Episode of Bardock "rocks," Script. Does his approval fill you with shame?
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Quote : All is dust.

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

I have to admit I am with Neo 100% on this. I HATE this arc, and BM is so stupid it makes me feel stupider for reading what he writes.

It's completely ruined the end of the Aizen Era, and because they're just going to be jamming the Ichigo-Rukia goodbye in at the end, and I do NOT plan on torrenting this crap, I'll miss out on that too.

Kubo is a dicking idiot for allowing this, and BM is worse because he loves it.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 pm

I was going to finish it up when I thought there were only 3 episodes left. Now that they've pulled this "lol, there's actually like 7 after this" crap, I'm not so sure.

I tell you what they should have done. Instead of flashing back YET AGAIN, they should have used that time to explain Kageroza's plan. Then Nozomi dies in the Beam-o-War Spam & they kill Kageroza, either because his trump card was gone, or because they inadvertently activated it & triggered the final showdown.

Instead we got The Big Bad Tripped Is A Major Plot Point, which is somehow even worse than the entire plot of the Amagai Arc being built around, "Oh, when he died, Dad said BEWARE the Bokoto, not GET the Bokoto. How silly of me."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Shut up, I liked the Amagai Arc. It was miles ahead of this shit. With the whole "Beware the Bokoto" thing, seeing as his father was dying, he could of easily misheard it as "Beware..... the Bokoto". That's easier to misunderstand.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Saying it's miles ahead of this shit doesn't mean much.

It's stupid. Even if you only heard, "Bokoto," it STILL makes no sense. If someone close to you is killed violently, odds are that if they say some random shit, it's about WHAT KILLED THEM. Amagai had how long to figure this out? Years? Decades? A century?
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

I though he also mentioned Yamamoto as he died. Now if you hear someone's name from a dying person, it also might be about who killed them.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 pm

So he could clearly hear "Yamamoto" and "Bokoto" but not "Beware"? WTF?

Also, I believe he saw Yamamoto kill him, which is great justification for going after Yamamoto, and if they left it at JUST that, I would have been fine.

Really, the Bokoto shit was nothing but a huge time-waster. Despite it being called "The Amagai Arc," he's not even in like half of it, instead they're doing this Bakoto shit, just so at the end they can go, "Herp derp, Amagai was the villain ALL ALONG."

If the arc was ACTUALLY about Amagai, I might have liked it.
Back to top Go down
PK Mongoose

PK Mongoose

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:09 pm

What he said was his reason for suicide:

"I DISHONOR ME FAMIRY. ME SO SORRY KTHXBYE."

What he really meant:

"I'm an anime-only character, so just so I don't complicate things further for the writers and shit, I'm just gonna go ahead and die."

-----------------

And I kinda liked the....gai. HEHEHE I MADE A FUNNY.
Back to top Go down
kisukeFan_4337

kisukeFan_4337

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 am

Neo Bahamut wrote:

If the arc was ACTUALLY about Amagai, I might have liked it.

That would've made it better...
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:00 pm

This next item isn't a filler arc, but rather half a series worth of filler:

"They are both the same, but Naruto is older, so i bet ya that when Bleach reaches manga chapter 553 it will be as awesome as Naruto is now (in the manga)"
~YouTube video, Bleach OST: "Hollowed"

Why am I still finding comments like this all over the internet? Naruto is not "getting better." It's "time wasting nonsense." Or, more specifically, a Battle Royale With Cheese. It's not even original by way of being too stupid for anyone to use.

Yeah, "Waah, Bleach doesn't kill good guys." Remember the one good guy who did die? Remember how he DIDN'T come back, even when it looked like he had the chance? If you ask me, that one guy is better than every death scene in Naruto combined, because at least his death wasn't cheapened a few dozen chapters later. Of course, only time will tell what path Kubo will take with regards to character lethality, but right now, it's better.

Also of note is a series of threads, such asthis one wherein Pain is proved to be a Filler Villain.

As someone said in one of these, "he isn't an Uchiha, so he's irrelevent." It's blunt, but it's true. Orochimaru wanted the Sharingan, Pain was replaced by a personality conflict between Sharingan Users, Sasuke has been being developed into a villain for the whole series, etc. Meanwhile, the Akatsuki tended to span a single arc, where they put in an evil laugh, got their death scene, and punched out. It was true even for Pain. The only purpose they served was to increase the overall length of the series.

Yes, this is also true of say, the Espada. But every story needs filler. The major difference is that Aizen was established as the Big Bad & he needed a Mook Army, while the Akatsuki are basically completely unnecessary. And you'll note that a Filler Villain isn't necessarily a bad character. Rather, when the main plot elements become filler, it is indicative of bad writing.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:26 pm

If Aizen was the Big Bad and he's been defeated why is Bleach going on for another ten years?
Back to top Go down
PK Mongoose

PK Mongoose

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:33 pm

HarleyThomas wrote:
If Aizen was the Big Bad and he's been defeated why is Bleach going on for another ten years?
Ichigo was the Big Bad all along. The Freakin Irish have invaded Japan and they're taking over. They'll reveal that in about 5 years.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 pm

The hell with independence from the British. We want Japan.
Back to top Go down
kisukeFan_4337

kisukeFan_4337

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Never expected that from you, HT.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 pm

I would hope Kubo plans to keep Aizen as the Big Bad of the whole series, but if he doesn't, it doesn't make him a Filler Villain. A Filler Villain is someone who has no impact on the overall plot. I'd say the deaths of several background characters, restructuring the entire Gotei, and being the force that prompts Ichigo to get his powers in the first place qualifies as an "impact."
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Background characters dying. Impact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Which We Rage About Filler   In Which We Rage About Filler Empty

Back to top Go down

In Which We Rage About Filler
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: